X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valioa
    started a topic Valioa's PG Guide!

Valioa's PG Guide!

Hi! If you are wondering on how to become a great PG, look no further! This guide will "guide" you to the right path of the Point Guard position.

Note: This guide is a work in progress, I will come back to it from time to time, adding more content in the future. Add Prof. Valioa#4243 on Discord for additional help

Table of Contents:
    1. PG Frequently Asked Questions - (Possible Updates)
    2. PG Types' Pros and Cons - Complete!
    3. PG Attribute Example(s)/Skill Build(s) - (Possible Updates)
    4. PG Special Characters/Priority Spending - Complete!
    5. PG Cards(Possible Updates)
    6. PG Toys(Work in Progress)
    7. PG Stealing Basics/Advanced Techs Complete!
    8. PG Play-making (Possible Updates, Making a Video.)
    SHOUTOUTS TO:

Pie cuz pie is delicious, & who can't get enuff pie in der lyfe? ;D
    Lloyd aka Junior for the Guide layout,
    SicaCute & Thugnificent for teaching me the PG Intercept skill in the first place (I wasn't good at stealing till they taught me so, I am very grateful to them!)
    Tyler aka LoloGasol for being a "Tournament Winner",
    My Raidcall/Skype Group (Which consist of 20+ ppls) for being with me for a year and half now!
    Slip for being a good friend and rival!
    Milks aka ChefStyleZ because he is the most loyal guy I know, and is so funny, despite his outrageous trolling -.-
    Mateen aka Slumped for playing NA server for so long, even though he is EU. What a pal.
    Pyxi because he is a no vision master Kappa.
    Left-Eye & #TeamBruh for training with me and helping out the community!
    Assists because he told me he love me XD - Proof here: http://i.imgur.com/KTASKfx.png
    and to DBLL, for the Intercept guide and being a long time rival to me! ^.^

Let the guide begin!

FAQ - More questions will be answered in the future!

1. What's the main role of PG?
    • The main role of a PG is to pass, steal/intercept, set plays, recover loose balls, and of course, shoot WIDE OPEN SHOTS. Unfortunately, the majority of the PG in my opinion tend to be more offensive-oriented, acting as if they are a scoring position, using pass fake, a skill that does indeed offer a scoring option, but can be a risky play against professional defenders. examples of lockdown defense against pass fake would be another PG facing you up to prevent a pass fake layup from even occurring, or a C/PF blocking the living hell outta you. But yea, no offense to any pro PGs that use pass fake, there are just some PGs that try to abuse it or use it incorrectly and end up getting thrashed and looking bad. I WILL SAY though, a PG has the ability to go offensive if a player wishes to be that way. It is FreeStyle of course.
    2. Positioning for PG?
    • When on defense, a PG should mainly be on their mark, facing the hell out of them with or without the ball (this makes your mark's passes bad when he/she has the ball. When the one you are defending doesn't have the ball however, you can face up next to them to possibly get an intercept, as well as prevent nice pass bonuses.) There are some times however, when the PG must sneak in a steal or two, or help defense when necessary (not totally away from your main mark though, just when someone else's mark, specifically a scorer, is close to you, that is one of the only times to go for a steal/block. Do not overhelp though, make it less obvious that you are helping.) Other than all of this, when intercepting, you want to be between the receiver and the sender. For more info on intercepting, watch Me & DBLL Guides to Intercept! ^.^
    My guide to Intercept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f9i7cjb8rA

DBLL's Guide to Intercept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxa7y_QmIDQ

3. Skills to Improve for PG?
    • Improve on the Intercept/Overpass Intercept skills, Watch those guides above for more info on that!
    • Stealing of course (when to steal, where to steal, etc.)
    • Ball Recovery aka getting loose balls ( PGs get diving catch, which is used to dive for loose balls that are either on the floor or approaching the floor. Master this skill, it is a PGs best asset! At high level, PGs get Sp Diving Catch, which increases the range of recovery, setting PGs apart from SGs lvl 50 Diving catch.)
    • Master bumping, which is disrupting the opponents movement by moving into them or facing them up. This is a very crucial technique for PGs because this is where they get most of their steals besides pump fakes.
    • Master passing. When passing, you want to do so in an open lane (no one in the route of your pass), and avoid doing horrible passes (slow pass due to face up from opponent). Also, avoid passing from far away, know your range of pass.
    • Master Baseball Pass skill, a level 28 skill for PG's I believe. (This skill avoids all intercepts, at the cost of a penalty if you screw it up, which could cause a potential turnover! You can also use this skill to pass from far away ;3 )
    • Improve on your Pie (AKA Defense).
    4. Does intercept success benefit from steal attribute or its all about positioning and timing?
    • In my opinion, I believe Intercept success can be increased by cards, toys, and the steal training attribute (slightly, not as good as intercept success stuff) as well. Increasing this can widen the timing window and chance of actually catching the ball, but Upgrading intercept success stat alone doesn't increase its range or position, that's Intercept Range increase that mainly does that.
    5. What are cards used for?
    • They are used to add additional attributes/passives for your character, such as 3pt success, steal motion, Jump pass range, etc. Unlike toys, cards attributes are set the moment the card is placed in your card slot, so even if you are in the pre-match court, the cards come into play.
    6. What are toys used for?
    • Like cards, toys also increase certain attributes, however, they only come into play at random when in a match. You can increase the chances of your toys being activated by increasing their affection rate (which can be done by giving them batteries, or equipping that particular toy u want to have love you.) As for upgrading, you need MORE THAN ONE of the same toy to do this. Also if you have the more than one toy, you have the choice to change the attribute if you do not like the attribute it has now, or upgrade the attribute u have now. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TOYS, check out Lloyd aka Junior's Toy Guide! >>>>>http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...yd-s-toy-guide
    7. What is mileage?
    • Mileage is the backdraft points you acquire when buying gkash related items, such as skill slots, or item balls. The game tells you if you are gaining mileage for any item that is gkash. You can use mileage to buy special items in the Mileage shop, which is located in the Shop section of the game.
    8. Does gear expire?
    • Yes and no, some gear or clothing expire, and some do not. The game will let you know if your gear will expire, showing the amount of days on said gear.
    9. Are freestyles passive?
    • No they are not passive, they are active abilities which require you to fulfill certain achievements during a match to be able to activate them. For instance, Miller time, a freestyle shot, requires at least 4 assists to be able to use it during a game. Once your goal to use the skill is complete, a green area will appear, telling you the location in which you can use said freestyle (miller time can be used anywhere since it is a shooting type of freestyle move.). Other conditions or goals to complete for other kinds of freestyles (long dunks, short dunks, shots) include successful rebounds or screens, 3pt attempts, middle shot attempts, blocks, etc. If you have more than one freestyle in game, you can press the z key to change which freestyle you want to use.
    10. I want to ask about Baseball Pass. I rarely see this skill used in a live playing. If you got kill pass equipped, you won't be intercepted either when you are trying to pass to your open wide teammate. So can you describe what is the best situation used for Baseball Pass?
    • Baseball pass is used by most high levels PGs that want to avoid intercepts, as well as passing "Far" away to their scorer to avoid any kind of intercept, such as overpass intercept. Kill pass isnt impossible to intercept, but its so rare for it to even get intercepted. Kill pass also activates in certain situations, not all the time.
    11. Is Hook-Up Pass bad?
    • Hook up pass is not bad, its just alley oop is better, as well as jump passing.
    12. Do you have to use both Intercept and Overpass Intercept? Because Overpass is rarely triggered in-game.
    • Although you do not have to use both, having both on is very helpful, overpass is a clutch intercept skill which can be used if the opposing team makes a mistake and overpasses by accident. Baseball pass can however counterattack this by passing far away and avoiding overpass intercept/intercept.
    13. Why you didn't use shoot touch? is it useless for 3p shooting? what is the use of shoot touch?
    • I feel shoot touch is not needed for pg because most of the time in my opinion a PG will be shooting wide open shots. Shoot touch is by no means pointless (I love shoot touch when I feel like shooting really good shots, its just I prefer the other skills I have equipped already.)
    14. is SP Drive worth it?
    • I used to be a PG that used Sp Drive, but since I found out that most Korean PG don't use it and just drive in by running and walking around the pg without the use of the A key, I feel it is not needed either. So yea, it saves up a skill slot, and its best to get used to getting through others without the use of A, makes you a better PG. ALSO driving I feel is a little risky at times, especially against good defenders.
    15. How do you alley oop to someone? And if you're the receiver do you just press the dunk button to get the ball in?
    • The Receiver should be the one pressing "F" or the alley oop button first, then the Sender presses F afterwards. This is the fastest method to make alley oop happen as fast as possible.
    • Some people don't know this, but doing alley oop very close to the rim can make your receiver do a lightning quick short dunk from alley, which is the best way to do an alley oop. (hardest to block, since its so fast)
    16. when your opponent drives and you go the other way and the !! comes up (ankle break or something i don't know) how can u prevent this from happening?
    • When defending an opponent that is eager to dribble, there are 3 ways to doing so, each having their strengths and weaknesses:
    1. Prediction - guessing which way someone is going when driving can get you some turnovers, however, if you predict wrong, it may leave the scorer wide open for the shot.

2. Facing Up extremely close - A risky move that can either make your opponent bump into you before their dribble happens, OR they can drive through you with ease.

3. Not moving at all before a dribble - Just standing there before a dribble appears can avoid pretty much all dribbles, but is still quite risky because if timed incorrectly, you can leave your opponent wide for the layup. To prevent this, you have to move immediately after the opponent dribbles, to the side you believe they went.

17. What are the benefits of pass attribute? I am playing PG but I want to pass more, but then shoot 3's when free.
    • Upgrading pass stat increases pass range, speed of the pass, range of jump pass, and maybe alley oop as well. It also increases the meter for baseball pass, heres a picture example: http://prntscr.com/7xrj6s.
    • Balanced type seems to be the best for you sir, because you want to shoot decent 3s, as well as have decent passing ability. Shrewd types have high 3pt, Power Types do not. Shrewd however have low pass stat.​
    18. Do you gotta sprint all the time as a PG?
    • sir, when on defense, your finger should be on the shift button. when defending your mark that has the ball, tapping shift to catch up on certain moves they execute such as behind the back or backwards two step are necessary to be using sprint against. When blocking, shift should be pressed, because it makes your block much easier to occur
    • When helping out a person, or going for a steal, sprint button is your friend. HOWEVER, do not waste too much stamina. You gotta manage your stamina when playing defense, as well as offense. Stamina is a crucial thing that should be managed, so you won't leave your mark wide open because of your character walking, and you will have enough stamina to execute offensive strategies.
    19.How to baseball pass correctly to your scorer ?

When you baseball pass, You can:
    • A. Press no arrow keys to pass to the closest teammate
    • B. Pass to a farther teammate using either Up or Down if you are on the left or right side of the court, / and Right or Left if u are facing towards the rim and trying to pass. This is to specify where u want to pass to based off of your teammate's positions.
    20. What should my build be as a dash pg?

Read this post, it shows my builds for Dash PG and explanation as to why they are recommended, etc. - http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...-dash-pg-build

More questions answered in the FUTURE!
    Last edited by Valioa; 07-29-2017, 05:14 AM.

• Valioa
    replied
    Originally posted by Dogtooth View Post
    Can we see your current build? Do you still play? I started playing again because of the event
    find my build on my stream - http://Twitch.tv/Valioa

Leave a comment:

• Dogtooth
    replied
    Can we see your current build? Do you still play? I started playing again because of the event

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied
    Originally posted by babycas89 View Post

Thanks for the insight sir... I just thought speed would be much more beneficial than going for the steal route cause it's by chances... and not lucky getting movespeed sub-att on cards .. but I guess your right... I'll try your build sir... I only take open 3s and having 2 bars, I still keep missing a lot... even the no mark ones... don't know why... Thanks a lot... I only got speed shoes for the mean time... I have 2 rare toys the one equipped gives shoot touch success and the other toy I have is the bike one which gives steal motion... what do you think is much better? Thanks in advance ..
    id go with the shoot touch, simply because you have plenty of steal as is. You have one move speed so thats okay man

Leave a comment:

• babycas89
    replied
    Originally posted by Valioa View Post

Everyone has a unique "style" to them. Let me share you mine as of now:

I built my Balanced PG around shooting consistent middle shots because middle shots go in way more than 3pters, high steal, and speed. I still make occasional 3pters if I know I am wide or if my team really needs a 3 (still has 99% circle regardless of my 3pt attribute). The reason I started to go the sp4 route (I have all decks by the way) is because I have high ping, and tussle is almost near useless as a high ping, since your character moves little bit later than usual on someone elses screen UNLESS you predict their movement way before they think about it. Now, I just go for sneaky high ping steals since my range of steal is farther due to high steal attribute.

Now for your attributes:

As I showed in the picture, Red bar att accumulation is not worth it. Thats like 35 points that you could be spending somewhere else, such as in middle shot, or block, or steal, or even pass.
    Everyone has their own freestyle though, so thats ultimately up to you. ALSO, as sad as it is, if you plan on using attribute clothing, I honestly recommend +10 sets (Top, Bottom, Shoes). You get better stats as a pg with it imo in defense and offense. So yeah go for that if you want a better stat tree, and if you do plan on doing that, get either steal/block , 3pt, and speed clothing, OR Middle shot, Steal/Block, Speed Clothing if you feel like spending on that stuff. UTILIZE YOUR SP4 to its full potential by adding more steal imo, steal is dangerous when you increase it to alot, to where your range is deadly as well as your success rate.

And if you wanna be like my build, dont worry about 3pting so much, worry about your consistent middle shots.

Thanks for the insight sir... I just thought speed would be much more beneficial than going for the steal route cause it's by chances... and not lucky getting movespeed sub-att on cards .. but I guess your right... I'll try your build sir... I only take open 3s and having 2 bars, I still keep missing a lot... even the no mark ones... don't know why... Thanks a lot... I only got speed shoes for the mean time... I have 2 rare toys the one equipped gives shoot touch success and the other toy I have is the bike one which gives steal motion... what do you think is much better? Thanks in advance ..

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied

Don't know how to search in discord... can't find you sir... thanks for the reply...
    Everyone has a unique "style" to them. Let me share you mine as of now:

I built my Balanced PG around shooting consistent middle shots because middle shots go in way more than 3pters, high steal, and speed. I still make occasional 3pters if I know I am wide or if my team really needs a 3 (still has 99% circle regardless of my 3pt attribute). The reason I started to go the sp4 route (I have all decks by the way) is because I have high ping, and tussle is almost near useless as a high ping, since your character moves little bit later than usual on someone elses screen UNLESS you predict their movement way before they think about it. Now, I just go for sneaky high ping steals since my range of steal is farther due to high steal attribute.

Now for your attributes:

As I showed in the picture, Red bar att accumulation is not worth it. Thats like 35 points that you could be spending somewhere else, such as in middle shot, or block, or steal, or even pass.
    Everyone has their own freestyle though, so thats ultimately up to you. ALSO, as sad as it is, if you plan on using attribute clothing, I honestly recommend +10 sets (Top, Bottom, Shoes). You get better stats as a pg with it imo in defense and offense. So yeah go for that if you want a better stat tree, and if you do plan on doing that, get either steal/block , 3pt, and speed clothing, OR Middle shot, Steal/Block, Speed Clothing if you feel like spending on that stuff. UTILIZE YOUR SP4 to its full potential by adding more steal imo, steal is dangerous when you increase it to alot, to where your range is deadly as well as your success rate.

And if you wanna be like my build, dont worry about 3pting so much, worry about your consistent middle shots.

Leave a comment:

• babycas89
    replied
    Originally posted by Valioa View Post

Message me on discord, and i cant see your pictures. Valioa Justice#4243 is my discord tag
    Don't know how to search in discord... can't find you sir... thanks for the reply...

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied
    Hello sir... I just started playing PG now and your guide really helped me... can you show me your latest stats build and help me improve mine?... i'm a balanced type pg... and does using legend cards to upgrade increases the chance of success cause the odds is always 20% using either rare or legend cards? thanks in advance... Godbless...
    Message me on discord, and i cant see your pictures. Valioa Justice#4243 is my discord tag

Leave a comment:

• babycas89
    replied
    Hello sir... I just started playing PG now and your guide really helped me... can you show me your latest stats build and help me improve mine?... i'm a balanced type pg... and does using legend cards to upgrade increases the chance of success cause the odds is always 20% using either rare or legend cards? thanks in advance... Godbless...

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied
    Originally posted by Earpaj View Post
    Hey val bro been months just feel like hitting you back again, I was here before asking advices on baseball pass and now Im really really used to it. What I did was practiced with bots haha and played a couple of CL yes I practiced in CL. The pressure was real and I remembered that pressure yeah could call it muscle memory. Im really doing great now as a PG whether it be intercepts, bb pass, name it xD I hope someday we can play together man sadly I play in the Asia Server while you play in the US' and yeah just wanted to say thanks man as youre one of the few who helped me shape my gameplay.

http://i.imgur.com/wBtC4Hx.png
    no problem good sir, and good luck out there on the courts with your buddies. teamwork make the dreamwork!

Leave a comment:

• Earpaj
    replied
    Hey val bro been months just feel like hitting you back again, I was here before asking advices on baseball pass and now Im really really used to it. What I did was practiced with bots haha and played a couple of CL yes I practiced in CL. The pressure was real and I remembered that pressure yeah could call it muscle memory. Im really doing great now as a PG whether it be intercepts, bb pass, name it xD I hope someday we can play together man sadly I play in the Asia Server while you play in the US' and yeah just wanted to say thanks man as youre one of the few who helped me shape my gameplay.

http://i.imgur.com/wBtC4Hx.png

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied
    Originally posted by khalizan81 View Post
    Hello there, my gameplay improved by ur guide ^^ thanks man

i have some question, i still dont understand what is dash play and what is the purpose why many people want PG play dash but not SF/SG. is that mean PG is the main scorer? i read your short guide about dash play but still dont understand, can you give more info about this kind of play?
    Yeah sure, here is my insight on how dash play is done:

In dash play, the PG is the one with the ball the majority of the time, protecting it from the defense. The PG is stationed to the opposite side of the Dasher and Bigman.

The PG has 2 other jobs, and that is to Pass the ball to the dashing SG/SF/DG/SW when they activate their dash skill, or are wide open, passing in an open pass lane of course, and to Score IF, and only if you are ahead in points and wide if you feel like doing so, OR, if you are wide for a middle shot, 3pt, or layup after the SG passes to you, or if the shot clock is running out. THE PG IS NOT THE MAIN SCORER. HE IS THE BALL facilitator, or passer in this case that makes the offense smooth. The PG also has pass routes, similar to how the SG dashes as well, but you will have to talk to me privately about that, I promised a friend.

The Dasher's job, is to utilize or use the bigman's screens, dashing away from his defense, creating confusion, getting open, and creating mismatches on the defense (such as the bigman on the other team running to help his teammate after he has been screened or is far away from the dasher, creating an opportunity of a mismatch, with the Dasher either passing the ball to his bigman, or trying to score against the enemy bigman by pumping, fade awaying, driving, etc. The Dasher has many different routes as well, which I can explain to you in more detail if you PM me on discord ( I will give you details about that later in this post). If the dasher doesn't get a good dash off and the PG passes to them, the dasher can either try to score with backroll or drive/cross his opponent for a free middle shot, or they could simply pass back to their PG for a redo on the dash play once more.

The Bigman's job, is to wait for the Dasher to get near him, then carefully watching the defense to execute a well calculated screen for the dasher to use at his/her leisure. The main place where the bigman screens is to the bottom left/right corner of the free throw line, HOWEVER, the bigman can stretch out the screen area at his or her own discretion. if the bigman has body check skill, he can move in a certain direction to make his body check width longer in that particular direction ( such as if he moved down, his body would be able to body check farther to the left and right, making his screens better for a particular dash that the dasher executes.) The bigman 2nd job is to get open whenever there is a mismatch with pick and move, pass the ball back to the PG or whoever is open from confusion, and of course, get the rebounds off the missed shots. Rebounding is very important in this playstyle, because theres gonna be misses, and if the Big can't get the rebounds, then it will be troublesome.

If you need more information on dash play, like some tips and tricks, and strategies, let me know on discord:

Discord Username: Valioa Justice#4243

Main Discord Group: A Pie Nation - https://discord.gg/HPXtJ9J

Leave a comment:

• khalizan81
    replied
    Hello there, my gameplay improved by ur guide ^^ thanks man

i have some question, i still dont understand what is dash play and what is the purpose why many people want PG play dash but not SF/SG. is that mean PG is the main scorer? i read your short guide about dash play but still dont understand, can you give more info about this kind of play?
    Last edited by khalizan81; 07-30-2017, 04:30 AM. Reason: accidentally posted xD

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied
    updated pg stealing advanced stealing techniques (forcing ball switches for steals)

Leave a comment:

• Valioa
    replied
    Originally posted by cuuzi View Post
    Thanks again, this was really helpful!

Last question based on

also have The Witch (Offense) Card in my possesion. If I equip that I get the set bonus, Pull Up Jumper, same level as I can buy in skillshop. Should I just go for that then? (I really like the big bonus on 3pt though)

Edit: I've already tried using this set, but didn't find much use from the skill gained. Maybe I just didn't even know when I'm using it well. It's that faster animation shot you can do after the dribble right? The shots didn't get blocked but I was missing those a lot when I was trying out this set bonus.

yes pull up jumper activates with shoot button while driving. It does miss sometimes, especially on DG since you don't have high mid shot focus.

you don't need pull up jumper all that much, so don't go through the trouble of equipping it honestly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X