No announcement yet.

Pro Channel merge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fact that Pro channel is getting merged.

This will force the players who still do not know how to play in pro 1 (which is sad in my opinion, you should know the fundamentals of the game before you even get to Pro 1) To play Pro with the pros.

If they really want to get better, they would look for information.

There are videos on YouTube of good gameplay, showing many tactics and techniques for each position, and yes they have to find it that is true. But hey, gotta put the effort in to find what you need to get gud... If they can't learn visually, they need to find another way then (kinetically, listening, etc.)

Stuff just doesn't pop outta nowhere for you, every man has to do something to get to where they need to go. Thats the problem with some of the new players.

Do not get me wrong, the pro players should be helping out newbies and what not.

But hey, if they do not put the effort in to ask for help, then like my History teacher would say in middle school: "Tough luck."

^.^ //
    Last edited by Valioa; 08-11-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Be glad, when I first started the game there were only 2 channels 1-11 12-50. You learn from ur wins and losses and eventually get better.

Comment

Pro 2 players have to stop playing PF PF PG if you want this to have a chance at working

Comment

Originally posted by ABILITY View Post
          Be glad, when I first started the game there were only 2 channels 1-11 12-50. You learn from ur wins and losses and eventually get better.
          To add what ability said we had 1 channel at 1 point it was 1-50 because the first set of channels were rookie 1-24 and Pro 24-50 but at the time players camp in rookie because pro was too dead so GK made 1 channel.

Some players better be glad they had pro 1 lol

I'm just saying

Comment

Just because something was wrong before doesn't mean it's okay for it to be wrong now

Comment

Originally posted by Ayelle View Post
              Pro 2 players have to stop playing PF PF PG if you want this to have a chance at working
              Sigh.... You obv seem like ur struggling at the game with all the complaining ur doing, you need help?

Comment

The difference between Pro2 Channel and Pro1 Channel isn’t as big as people make it out to be. For one, a lot of pros have been leveling their alts in Pro1 for a while now. Secondly, for those who complain about their level being too low, the actual level doesn’t matter as much as the skills you’re able to access, and generally around level 30 or so is where most of the important skills are given to you.

If you’re worried about losing to pros all the time, just focus on making a name for yourself by playing at a high level. By showcasing yourself as a competent player (hint: play good defense), you will easily land a spot in one of the big crews (it’s not hard at all, there’s plenty of room and new “faces” are accepted all the time). Once you reach a top crew, you will be able to play with more pros and win more games.

The bottom line is this: if you are a person who enjoys playing this game at a competitive level, you’re going to have to reach Pro2 Channel sometime, so might as well get your lumps in early so you can grow quicker as a player.

Comment

Sometimes I struggle yeah, I don't play pro 2 very often because as long as I'm not 50 I have a huge disadvantage against every one, and it's most of the time not fun to just grind exp by losing game against double sniper PF

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                    The difference between Pro2 Channel and Pro1 Channel isn’t as big as people make it out to be. For one, a lot of pros have been leveling their alts in Pro1 for a while now. Secondly, for those who complain about their level being too low, the actual level doesn’t matter as much as the skills you’re able to access, and generally around level 30 or so is where most of the important skills are given to you.

If you’re worried about losing to pros all the time, just focus on making a name for yourself by playing at a high level. By showcasing yourself as a competent player (hint: play good defense), you will easily land a spot in one of the big crews (it’s not hard at all, there’s plenty of room and new “faces” are accepted all the time). Once you reach a top crew, you will be able to play with more pros and win more games.

The bottom line is this: if you are a person who enjoys playing this game at a competitive level, you’re going to have to reach Pro2 Channel sometime, so might as well get your lumps in early so you can grow quicker as a player.
                    The Champion has spoken, Forum Thread is now finished. he awnsered all the points, gj proto

Comment

I understand where you all are coming from, I get sad myself when i see people in pro1 play like they are still in the rookie channel. But with this environment "go look for information on the forum if you actually want to know what the attributes really give you" this game won't get more people playing it since there are just so many people that don't bother with forums cause it'd take some time to read in or whatever but they just don't use them and rather play casually, what about them? This merge will surely solve the issue with pro2 being a ghost channel (which actually IS a good thing at first glance) but I'm really not sure if it'll work out well. Personally I'd rather have a system that determines which channel you belong in by your actual skill level though that might be a little problematic since there aren't all that many people playing this game.

Just a note, I am adressing these "issues" since i am a little worried about the future of the game and where it is headed, I would like it to grow, get more people and thus more potential gkash buyers so it won't just vanish like another game i played before did..which took similar measures.
                      Last edited by Foxanda; 08-11-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

wow if this merge is happening rip the sg + sf position. as pf i get by in pro 2 even though i had access to both channels because of pf pf pg but you dont hear of any other positions doing that the best way to make such a transition work is a combination of getting rid of the block point stuff hanachan was talking about and give sf dash at earlier lvl like 35 and give sg some dribble move that can break people easier, a half cross that gives enough time to either shoot a mid or have the rebounder set a screen to force a switch

Comment

Honestly, I don't think many people would be afraid of Pro 2 if we didn't have teams of double or triple PF's just running around dunking and shooting 3's while also being dominant in defense. They just stretch the floor and players become discouraged after getting destroyed.

TobinHeath

Comment

give pf's shorter arms so they cant block as far

Comment

i like this.

Comment

when is this change gonna be implemented?

Comment

Working...
                                X