No announcement yet.

Reasons why the new NA Tourney Brackets are bad & A new proposed bracket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bracket they made is completely wrong. This is exactly right. I don't know how gms can be so incompetent.

Comment

Just got word from Trifecta that they won't change the brackets. RIP

The bracket I made literally took 5 minutes to think off and half an hour for the post. Can't believe it took them a week to come up with this BS xdd

Comment

You tried Zy, better than nothing. :/

In my 8 years of FS, I have never seen a tournament redo/rematch.

This should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zydrunas View Post
          New bracket that I'm proposing (sorry for poor photoshop):

Last Tourney Results:
          http://challonge.com/uoj5php8

Why the current(GK) bracket doesn't make sense:
          - http://freestyle2.gamekiss.com/news/notice/7574
          - Rival (A) and Walkdead (A) lost to pce A and Intox B in the tournament. Why bring them back? GK is bringing back teams that actually LOST in the tournament, and taking away the opportunities of those who lost to SMF
          - If the entire tournament is being redone solely on the basis of hackers, then why not bring back the teams that actually had to face SMF in the tourney?

Why this bracket works:
          - Teams who lost to SMF are given a second chance at actually playing in the tournament.
          - Completely based off of placements from last tournament
          - Retains the top/bottom halves of the top 32 bracket
          - Same length as current tourney brackets, but with only 2 additional BO1 series, ideally would be split in two days but can be done all in one

Rationale behind the bracket model:
          - Each successive round will be similar to the challenger vs champion model, e.g.
          Winner of first round will challenge those who made it to the third round of the last tournament
          Winner of the second round will challenge those who made it to the finals of the last tournament
          Finals will be the winners of the third round
          - First round should only be BO1 as they are comprised of first/second round teams

Rationale for the teams in this bracket:
          - Any team that was beaten by a legitimate team should not be in this tournament redo
          - Seeding for first round is based on how far they progressed (2nd round team vs. 1st round team)

- Assault (B): lost in the second round against SMF (Top half)
          - N O B L E: lost in the first round against SMF (Top half)

- pce (B): lost in the second round against SMF (Bottom half)
          - Rival (B): lost in the first round against SMF (Botton half)

- VIP: lost in the top 8 against SMF
          - dUP: lost in the top 8 against SMF

- pce A: lost in the top four against SMF
          - Intoxicated B: lost in the top four against SMF

Rationale behind Saturday & Sunday matches:
          - should be kind of obvious. Redoing an entire tournament for one day wouldn't make sense. Even mini tournaments weren't done only on one day, why redo a major tour in one day?

When should the Tournament games be played?
          - IMHO, they should be played on July 22/23. Yes, pce and Intox were both given a heads up that their tournament matches might be redone but having other teams being included is a definite surprise. Those teams will need to prepare and clear their schedules to play in the tourney to even begin with. To run a tournament on the weekend of the 15th/16th is just too soon.
          Shut your bitch ass up! You are lucky that dumb ass bitch Lex aka ABlckGuy and Beefsteak aka Ronnie aint banned for hacking. Fucking morons! I cannot believe they let this shit slide!
          You are pathetic for 1st buying the hacks and 2nd for distributing them to your crew. Poor example of what stupid people do to either win or prove a point. Eaither way, no one is going to give you fucking scrub hackers a pass for hacking "vs SMF" sad fucking excuse coming from an ex mod.

No point in banning SMF if pce shit crew still in it when they clearly were hacking. Oh in case you dumb asses want to say "bye Rob1no" I was never Rob1no and I never hacked.. so nt

Comment

Working...
          X