• Show
Clear All

• Reasons why the new NA Tourney Brackets are bad & A new proposed bracket

New bracket that I'm proposing (sorry for poor photoshop):

Last Tourney Results:
    http://challonge.com/uoj5php8

Why the current(GK) bracket doesn't make sense:
    - http://freestyle2.gamekiss.com/news/notice/7574
    - Rival (A) and Walkdead (A) lost to pce A and Intox B in the tournament. Why bring them back? GK is bringing back teams that actually LOST in the tournament, and taking away the opportunities of those who lost to SMF
    - If the entire tournament is being redone solely on the basis of hackers, then why not bring back the teams that actually had to face SMF in the tourney?

Why this bracket works:
    - Teams who lost to SMF are given a second chance at actually playing in the tournament.
    - Completely based off of placements from last tournament
    - Retains the top/bottom halves of the top 32 bracket
    - Same length as current tourney brackets, but with only 2 additional BO1 series, ideally would be split in two days but can be done all in one

Rationale behind the bracket model:
    - Each successive round will be similar to the challenger vs champion model, e.g.
    Winner of first round will challenge those who made it to the third round of the last tournament
    Winner of the second round will challenge those who made it to the finals of the last tournament
    Finals will be the winners of the third round
    - First round should only be BO1 as they are comprised of first/second round teams

Rationale for the teams in this bracket:
    - Any team that was beaten by a legitimate team should not be in this tournament redo
    - Seeding for first round is based on how far they progressed (2nd round team vs. 1st round team)

- Assault (B): lost in the second round against SMF (Top half)
    - N O B L E: lost in the first round against SMF (Top half)

- pce (B): lost in the second round against SMF (Bottom half)
    - Rival (B): lost in the first round against SMF (Botton half)

- VIP: lost in the top 8 against SMF
    - dUP: lost in the top 8 against SMF

- pce A: lost in the top four against SMF
    - Intoxicated B: lost in the top four against SMF

Rationale behind Saturday & Sunday matches:
    - should be kind of obvious. Redoing an entire tournament for one day wouldn't make sense. Even mini tournaments weren't done only on one day, why redo a major tour in one day?

When should the Tournament games be played?
    - IMHO, they should be played on July 22/23. Yes, pce and Intox were both given a heads up that their tournament matches might be redone but having other teams being included is a definite surprise. Those teams will need to prepare and clear their schedules to play in the tourney to even begin with. To run a tournament on the weekend of the 15th/16th is just too soon.
    Last edited by Zydrunas; 07-12-2017, 04:29 PM.

+1 agreed to use Zy's bracket.

(Make sense, very eye plesant & organized, well-done, Zy)

-KobeBryant

Comment

Dr. Zydrunas Kepler Ph.D in Applied GK Behavior Analysis nailed it again lol

Comment

Tbh I was the only one on my team who was able to make it that day and was forced to score with the wrong deck so I don't consider that a L. it'd be nice to rematch with my actual team but I'd still rather Rival B play since they lost to SMF. So this does make more sense. Your deff scared you will lose to us though that's for sure
        Last edited by dylanoxycodone; 07-11-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

can't stop faith.

Comment

+1 this is a perfect fix for the tournament thanks zyd

[GM] Trifecta [GM] Thor [GM] Winter [GM] Swift

Comment

Bump /10char

Comment

Nothing perfect. at least they're redoing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
                  /10characters

Comment

Well its kind of messed up ... since the whole purpose of redoing it was to give the people affected a real chance at the tournament... But now they are giving it to some instead of all

Comment

It's kinda sad that we've just settled for mediocrity lmao.

If there's still a chance to change things, we should go for it. If nobody wants to take the time to post about it, then I will.

Comment

Originally posted by TobinPowellHeath View Post
                        I guess it's a good thing to start off poorly? Easier to rise above poor expectations than meet high expectations.
                        The community is rejoicing at a company who is trying to fix one of many huge mistakes they have caused? They let an entire tournament go on until the h***ing team reached the finals... You guys got excited with a few bans if obvious h***ers.

Why are you happy if a company is supposed to be doing its job? They're honestly just looking at community outrage and trying to have us contained.

Don't be happy if this current tournament bracket is all they can come up with. Being complacent isn't going to improve this game. To be completely honest, the bs has gone on for far too long, and if they don't improve, I HOPE it gets shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zydrunas View Post

It's kinda sad that we've just settled for mediocrity lmao.

If there's still a chance to change things, we should go for it. If nobody wants to take the time to post about it, then I will.
                          Don't look so surprised? I honestly didn't even expect a do over. I'm actually quite pleased they did that. Because, to be honest at this point i expected them to ban SMF teams, Pce team, and on to the mini tourney in a few months. Im pleased how they handled it. It's not perfect, and it sucks for those who don't get a fair shot. At least it is something though. Have to be happy with something when it comes to FS2 these days.

Sparty I totally agree with you blky, but like i said above, Its 200 percent better than most people expected. Hell one of the folks on the VIP tourney team didn't even bother to check to see what the results were. He just assumed it was done, as did i. I told him about it today. So now he knows lol. Who knows, maybe next time theyll do it better, since we all know there will be a next time.

EDIT:
                          the effort is appreciated though Zyd, i hope it happens, my body says yes, but my mind says no!

Comment

Originally posted by dylanoxycodone View Post
                            Tbh I was the only one on my team who was able to make it that day and was forced to score with the wrong deck so I don't consider that a L. it'd be nice to rematch with my actual team but I'd still rather Rival B play since they lost to SMF. So this does make more sense. Your deff scared you will lose to us though that's for sure
                            Nice excuse

Comment

Originally posted by DIS0WNED View Post

Nice excuse
                              Excuse? For all intents and purposes my team never played top 8 last tourney. 1/3 people there isn't the team nice try.

Comment

Working...
                              X