Ranked Mode Options and Discussion's SOLO Q vs Crew Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranked Mode Options and Discussion's SOLO Q vs Crew Q

As you all may know on the 9th of September there will be ranked mode introduced into the game. I personally feel like this was long over due I myself am i huge basketball fan however after getting and grinding to level 50 just to receive and spc to grind again to level 50 i really didn't see the point in playing for numerous reasons. Community being really toxic.. there should be a system implemented to punish those whom want to talk trash there isn't an honor in winning a game and talking trash and or losing and talking trash These all will need to be addressed as soon as ranked play comes into play. In my humble and honest opinion ranked played should be primary be Solo Q for those of you whom aren't familiar with that terminology it refers to a player Queing up alone where that player is placed in a que with others of the same skill level referred to as ELO. The reason why in my humble and honest opinion I think Solo Q should be the most focus Q is because in the current state of the game as soon as you join a room you get kicked if the players in that room dont't know you or even care to know you. That's saddening because for new players its takes hard skin to endure of all that and still want to play and grind to get better but thats life.. to then find a room that allows you to play with them and then u encounter a team that is premade.. The community at this point in time is very exclusive top players only play with other top players punishing lesser players which shouldn't be the case. No way the community of fs2 is gonna grow if the game is exclusive and winning is based off of who u know. It should be based of skill. My point is Solo Q is good because crew or no crew... 100 people on your buddy list or 0 level 50 or level 24 you are guaranteed a fair match because you will be playing against individuals whom are the same skill level as you aka ELO. If players want to play premade we can have a second mode which ranked but for crew's where its a leader board for crews where its based off of the same mechanic as solo q but just for Crew's. SOlo Q/ Crew Q wins give you points and losses causes you to lose points. For example lets say each win depending on your division will grant you 20 points capping at 100 depending on your division so that means if you win 5 games straight you will get to 100 and qualify for your promotion where if you win 2/3 games you play you get promoted to your next division. I did say depending because in master there will be no capp because atm that's the last division. Also losing will cause you to lose points lets say every lost is 15 points lost. Atm NA fs2 has very basic play styles weathers its 2 pfs and 1 pg or a pg sg/sf and C having solo Q will allow for new play styles and new tactics because your playing against and with new people . Lastly you can look at the leader boards on a month to month basis to know which players are moving up in the ranks and what positions they play and if you see 1 position more represented than the others maybe that means that in fact that position is a little strong atm and easier than other position to climb the ranks and should be nerfed abit to be brought in line with other positions. Like wise positions that are less repressed in the top 50 maybe might need a buff in order to be brought in line with other positions and how those position impact the game.thus creating a little basketball food chain. At the end of the day all positions in the game should be able to carry or have a impact on the game depending on the players skill level ofc given that everyone is on the same skill level they should all feel like they can impact the game in the same way feel free to leave your thoughts below and maybe give your opinion on what I said .

Anyways this is my first post of many I just want to see the game grow meaning top players giving back to community weather its guides or top strategies because at the end of the day North America and other regions are only as strong as there weakest link.

Dude, couldn't have said better, 100% agree with you.
    GM's and other players should definitively read this

Cheers

Comment

Most people are gonna worry about oh I cant play with this person or this position is dead tbh if you cant win solo then maybe you aren't very good in general. If you can't carry people your own skill level then maybe this division is where you belong.Someone said to me that dash is gonna be dead like there will be two separate ranked Q's where you can practice whatever play style you want. Solo Q allows for endless possibilities where an average player can compete with the likes of the "so called top dogs" and not be handle back because he or she is in a bad crew or good creew or in a crew to begin with. Solo Q allows for diversity there are to many players who can only do one thing or only have one play style which is limiting North America as a whole. The sg position is alive because of dash if you play sg because of dash then your playing that position wrong and this is why solo q can be beneficial for you. Lebron can rebound score and pass not to mention block and your saying you can only dash? Kobe Bryant the goat of Sg has multiply play styles he would be ashamed if you ever said he was limited to a pick and roll player cuz he is a SG. I think people are afraid of strictly solo Q mode because if this happened it will expose those whom have been putting in work grinding to get better vs those who play premade and get carried by a good team.

Comment

Tbh, ranked mode should be for the pros that won't let people in their rooms. Then, the regular matchmaking will be a little more noob friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFake View Post
          Tbh, ranked mode should be for the pros that won't let people in their rooms. Then, the regular matchmaking will be a little more noob friendly.
          this
          make friends and set up your own teams lol
          i built an entire crew with peopel ididnt know.. im pretty sure oyu can get a few friends for a team. dont blame pros for social issues
          Last edited by Buddy; 09-04-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

i Know right the community as we speak is too crew exclusive... for example the top crews only play with each other that needs to change solo q would promote more guides a lot for others to grow the community as a whole would be better off.. To be honest if the implement team play and crew play along with solo q in the same Q it would be like a lot of people would play it for a month and then stop after the realize how dumb it is to go against the same premade group or crews all the time..

Comment

I think they should implement an option for the person queuing to choose what positions he would like to play with. If your team doesn't have a rebber and theirs has two then it might be a free game if their rebbers know how to box out and rebound decently.

Comment

Yes I agree that stuff to me is easy to handle for example once the Q maybe you Q up against a team that has maybe the same composition as you meaning if your team has a pg and sg and pf than the other team has a pg sg and pf or maybe a C or pg sf and sg vs pg sf and sg but this all cant be done right if you have crew ranked mode together with those whom are playing solo Q cuz at the end of the day no one is learning anything from lossing 40 -10 like ... the games where you learn things are when the matchs are close and most importantly even..

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
                  this
                  make friends and set up your own teams lol
                  i built an entire crew with peopel ididnt know.. im pretty sure oyu can get a few friends for a team. dont blame pros for social issues
                  Buddy this isn't about social skills xD
                  You do realise not every Top player or FS2 Vet have the will or even care to help new players and bring them under their wing, they just play with a set team....dude there are players that if you join the room and they dont know you its instant kick...My Pc loads pretty fast when joining rooms, and i have been kicked a few times and wasnt even able to see who were the players.

You may say well make friends with non Top players or players that are at your skill level, well theres a similar problem, there are a bunch of ''wanna be pros'' that only want to play with top players and despise, kick and trash talk players that they dont know, just after one mistake...
                  when themselves not long ago, were strunggling with the same issues and were at the same skill level.

Ofcourse, there is players like you that dont mind helping new or inexperienced players that have the drive to learn and improve, but sadly there aren't many.

There is also the newplayers that like you said dont even talk to you or care about what you say to help them, those aswell as, Arrogant and toxic players are the worst, and a cancer to this community.

A Solo Q would mix things up and the ranked mode would be individual, then if you wanna pratice level up or just play with your crew/friends you could play a normal Team match.
                  A seperated rankied mode just for crew would also be good but those two at the same time would be harmful, with the number of players that we have in our community,wouldn't be enough to fill team match and the new separated ranked modes

Anyway what you did with your crew was a good thing and i respect that, keep it up
                  Last edited by Ber; 09-04-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ber View Post
                    You do realise not every Top player or FS2 Vet have the will or even care to help new players and bring them under their wing, they just play with a set team....dude there are players that if you join the room and they dont know you its instant kick...My Pc loads pretty fast when joining rooms, and i have been kicked a few times and wasnt even able to see who were the players.

You may say well make friends with non Top players or players that are at your skill level, well theres a similar problem, there are a bunch of ''wanna be pros'' that only want to play with top players and despise, kick and trash talk players that they dont know, just after one mistake...
                    when themselves not long ago, were strunggling with the same issues and were at the same skill level.

Ofcourse, there is players like you that dont mind helping new or inexperienced players that have the drive to learn and improve, but sadly there aren't many.

There is also the newplayers that like you said dont even talk to you or care about what you say to help them, those aswell as, Arrogant and toxic players are the worst, and a cancer to this community.

A Solo Q would mix things up and the ranked mode would be individual, then if you wanna pratice level up or just play with your crew/friends you could play a normal Team match.
                    A seperated rankied mode just for crew would also be good but those two at the same time would be harmful, with the number of players that we have in our community,wouldn't be enough to fill team match and the new separated ranked modes

Anyway what you did with your crew was a good thing and i respect that, keep it up
                    Honestly you do not need to team up with other good players to get noticed.

For example, if a player played really well against me and later on join my room, I tend to run with them.

Comment

I like the idea. But then I'm pretty sure some vets would be complaining, coz streaking would hard for em now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ber View Post

i didnt get exactly the point you were saying or the argument you were attacking, but i get what you are saying 100% if that makes sense. I know what you are saying cause it is completely true about the community. i think the exact same.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaqOneal
                          All I read is bitching and complaining! I wish we had a thumbs up button for players that trash talk. That way we can continue in our ways earning reps, and fame..
                          Really? I know trash talk is part of every online game, and even more a game of basketball.

But u do realise that trash talk drives away new players that are starting to learn the game. I mean between pros its alright, its just competion, but doing it to people that are still learning.

Pros should remember that they were once like those players, and that anyone can learn and improve if given opportunity.

Unless ofc you want to make the game where u are a pro, even more dead

Comment

Originally posted by Hakeem Lauther View Post
                            Yes I agree that stuff to me is easy to handle for example once the Q maybe you Q up against a team that has maybe the same composition
                            I don't think it should queue you up with the same comp specifically. Just queue you up with the positions you request will be fine.

Comment

The people playing ranked with crews will basically be at the top of the ranks skill wise, so people who don't have friends and/or suck can play with other scrubs if the game's matchmaking is based on your ranks. No one wants to play with a scrub, so find friends. If you decide to solo queue and lose, that is your own fault because you have the option to go in a full party and have verbal communication, but you decided to play with randoms.

It isn't hard to make friends, or even get accepted to a crew. I am ass at this game, yet got accepted to a crew because I stuck around and people noticed. People will notice you if you play well, and you will eventually make friends to play with relatively easily. I have no idea why you would want to do a solo queue for ranked(unless you are that confident about your carrying skills). The amount of rage and salt that most randoms bring drives me to a point of not wanting to play.

TobinHeath

Comment

Working...
                              X