Question for video makers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for video makers.

What video recording programs work fast for a bit old pc?( my cpu is intel core2duo E8600 from 2008)
    I tried to record fs2 play with OBS, but it slow down my frame-per-second way too much.
    Please answer this from your experience.

OBS local record with game capture is about as good as you can get.

You might do better with DXtory, but OBS was always the best by far for me.

Comment

larson// Thank you for reply.But OBS slow down my pc a lot even when I lowered options on screen capturing. I am unable to react or control properly in fs2 while recording. CPU matters.
      Btw,What program did you use to show your keyboard input on screen? it would make some defense guides visibly perfect.

Comment

Did you use game capture or screen capture? Game capture should have next to no performance hit, but screen capture would be pretty significant.

To capture my keyboard for that baseball pass tutorial I used a customized version of Nohboard, then added the program with the "Window Capture" feature on OBS. If you do it right, you'll have two sources on the right side: your window capture of Nohboard and your game capture of FS2.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nohboard/ - Link to download.

Comment

• MVP+
          MVP+ commented
          Editing a comment
          Nohboard! thanks. My OBS doesn't show fs2 window in drop-down menu of game capture. So i had to do screen capture or window capture. My cpu is simply too slow for good performance while recording I assume.

The one I always use is FRAPS . you can adjust the FPS if you want.. if the recorded file is big, you can use Free video compressor

Comment

• MVP+
          MVP+ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I will also try FRAPS.

When u try to use game capture with obs make sure u have anti cheat box enabled.

Comment

• MVP+
          MVP+ commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you.

For your computer specs i'd say Hypercam 2, simple and good.

Comment

• MVP+
          MVP+ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I will try it.
      Working...
      X