Rebounding for C, any comments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebounding for C, any comments?

I'm an lv50 C who used to play in the West Coast and now ended up in the East...

My training stats allocations are: +20 reb, +16 tussle, +4 block.

One thing I’ve noticed is that rebounding had a lot to do with ping. In the West Cost (ping 32ms), I played a lv 30 C and I’m able to get most rebs even against some of the higher levels. Other players appeared to be slow reacting on my computer screen. They seamed to jump after I'm already in the air and due to this reason; I’m able to grab rebs behind the defender.

Now that I’ve moved to the East (ping 76ms), one thing I’ve notices is that other people's reaction appeared to be much fast, I literally see the ball flash and if I didn't go for the rebs after the initial flash, opponents will be in the air already. Rebounding required more precision on timing and location. Every time I go for rebs I literally jump at the exact same time as others or sometimes slower. I could loose rebs to SFs and Gs if I react a little slower...

All this fluctuations in the apparent reaction time from others is not because they got better but due to ping issues. 76ms vs. 32 mms has a 44ms diff and avg human reaction time is around 20ms, so basically I’m reacting after a 44ms delay and dats why, if they had fairly fast reaction time, they’re going to dominate me in rebounding every time… If the opponent has below 20ms ping, just forfeit the game because there is no way to compete for rebs, you might get lucky and get 1 or 2. Once I played a C who had 14ms ping, I basically couldn’t see the ball come down to my rebounding height. The ball literally flash and gone…

Now that I’ve played this game for about 6 months and my rebounding stats had went through 220, 230, 236, 239 and 240+ with pets. I didn’t see any diff in rebounding height. However, the range has increased by a lot. With 240 reb, I’m able to D reb with about 2-person radius range and WD with about 5-person radius range.

Tussle is a tricky one, because I don’t see how tussle benefit me in getting up the air except boxing out. However, box out also depends on position of your character in relative to the opponents. If you are behind your opponent, you are going to loose your box out every time disregard how much tussle you have. I have around 233 tussles and I still loose in pushing to some good fat PF/Cs

Some ppl say tussle helps blocking and dunking. I really didn’t see any diff in blocking shots. I had 200, 210, 233 tussle and I block the same, if I miss my timing or loose position trying to block a PF’s dunk, I still fly off…
    What are your thoughts on “Tussle” & “Rebounding”?

did not read.
    i live in boston with 91 ms ping and still pwn.

Comment

• aka097
      aka097 commented
      Editing a comment
      own every 1? I doubt that....

DPOTY THE best...only PF with 100 win streak. So yes he pwn everyone.

Comment

Maybe tussle is jump?

Comment

Fly to cali

Comment

Reb is all about ping. You can try to jump earlier, but the lower ping will always have an advantage.

Comment

Yeah rebounding Is all about ping and that's an advantage if you have 90/20 below ping. Unlike us players in the Philippines ping ranges about 190-202 ms (I'm not complaining) but still even with high ping I'm still using a PF I play box out and if got lucky can grab the ball and 100% in defense.. I hope FS2 on steam will come out earlier maybe on December this year or 2015 of January. So SEA people can show their skills,talents and effectveness in the court without lags and delays So make it fast VALVE we are waiting FS2 on steam!!

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
              Yeah rebounding Is all about ping and that's an advantage if you have 90/20 below ping. Unlike us players in the Philippines ping ranges about 190-202 ms (I'm not complaining) but still even with high ping I'm still using a PF I play box out and if got lucky can grab the ball and 100% in defense.. I hope FS2 on steam will come out earlier maybe on December this year or 2015 of January. So SEA people can show their skills,talents and effectveness in the court without lags and delays So make it fast VALVE we are waiting FS2 on steam!!

I'm confused. What does Steam have anything to do with improving your ping and connection in FS2?

Comment

• Dawg
                Dawg commented
                Editing a comment
                im also wondering the same

When you have good ass ping like myself, you can beat anyone you want.

Comment

Basic skill for rebounding : ms

Comment

Originally posted by Milks View Post
                  did not read.
                  i live in boston with 91 ms ping and still pwn.
                  is that what you think? LOL

Comment

one thing that almost always gets "low bounce" rebs, meaning the ball doesnt bounce too high up after hitting rim (usually after a double clutch or even a dunk sometimes), is using power reb on C as soon as the ball is in the air during layup.. it's gotten me multiple rebs at 85ms

Comment

Working...
                    X