Inconsistent SG 3s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistent SG 3s

I have a level 40+ SG, and I am having trouble shooting consistently. I have games where I literally do not miss, whether or not there are defenders in front of me or not. Then I have games where I constantly miss "No Marks" with a full green circle, and there are no defenders that are close enough to me to affect my shot. I have 210+ 3pt Stat, if that matters.

I also have an issue where I seem to miss most of my mid shots as well. I have around 180 Mid Shot Stat, and I even miss a lot of open shots. Even when I used the two passive mid shot skills for SGs, I found that I still miss a lot of mid shots.

Is there some reason for this? Am I play incorrectly? I am not sure how my success rate of shots can change on their own even if the situations are generally the same.

I miss mid shots without both the passives, but I make plenty with the 2 passives on.

For threes, are you using quick jumper and hitting the green spot? If you are you can try tap D when your wide to quick jumper without charging it up to green bar. The circle tend to turn full green if you tap D and your wide.

I do that tap d quick jumpers if I feel like that would help me get that shot off before a defender will interfere with it. Sometimes when a center is coming out from paint and to help D I fully charge up the bar and take the shot. Because as long as it's not blocked even it misses your rebounder should be able to get it since the opposing center is not in position to get the rebound.

Comment

interesting, also pullup never works far from 3 line.

Comment

Originally posted by PGSen View Post
        I miss mid shots without both the passives, but I make plenty with the 2 passives on.

For threes, are you using quick jumper and hitting the green spot? If you are you can try tap D when your wide to quick jumper without charging it up to green bar. The circle tend to turn full green if you tap D and your wide.

I do that tap d quick jumpers if I feel like that would help me get that shot off before a defender will interfere with it. Sometimes when a center is coming out from paint and to help D I fully charge up the bar and take the shot. Because as long as it's not blocked even it misses your rebounder should be able to get it since the opposing center is not in position to get the rebound.

How much 3pt stat do you need for consistent 3s? Now I have around 205, and I find that I miss open shots sometimes still... I am doing the things you said up there, but I still miss some open shots. Also, I will always miss if there is even someone is barely close enough to affect my shot, at the edge of the zone where they can affect.

So I charge if they will affect my shot before the come, and I use QJ if they are far enough away and fast enough for me to release the shot. But I'm missing a lot. However, I see a ton of SGs that shoot in face and even use Pull Up Jumper to shoot they have less 3 than me, and they make more shots
        Last edited by Ball; 09-26-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Hey, maybe they make more shots because their 3 pt success is higher than yours. I believe if you have a high 3 pt success, you make more. Simple, find cards and toys (especially rare toys) with 3 pt success.

Comment

Hey, maybe they make more shots because their 3 pt success is higher than yours. I believe if you have a high 3 pt success, you make more. Find cards and toys(especially rare toys) with 3 pt success.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam'ron View Post
              Hey, maybe they make more shots because their 3 pt success is higher than yours. I believe if you have a high 3 pt success, you make more. Find cards and toys(especially rare toys) with 3 pt success.

I have about 65 3pt Success Rate all together from the passive, cards, etc. I have maxed "Like a Bird" which gives 20 success rate which would give me about 85 success rate if I'm shooting a No mark.

And I find that, occasionally, I do miss No Marks even when using Like a Bird. And, even more baffling, in the particular games where I am just missing, I can receive a good pass from a pg, be open, and shoot right away at the 3 line with Like a Bird, and STILL miss. Note that in this case, I do use quick jumper, and I do not charge the bar because I'm open (if I did charge the bar I would not be open anymore since it gives time for opponents to close the distance)

The whole issue is not that I am missing a lot, but that I will find there are certain games where I simply do not miss but some games where i can't make any shots. I can shoot face, and I just make everything, and my teammates ask if I'm a hacker. Then, I have games where I constantly miss open shots, and I had one of my teammates even tell me before that it seems like I miss open shots constantly whenever I play on the same team with him, but when I play against him, I don't even need to be open to make a 3.

Comment

Working...
              X