I've been playing a lot of individual matches lately and I have

Dribble Skills
    Drive & Cut I
    Fancy Drive I
    Drive Fake III

Other
    Direct Pass I
    V Cut III

I also have 10 pts in 3pt Shot (not counting bonuses) and 7 pts in Speed and 3 in Stamina. Am i doing it right? what is your stat build on SG? I find SGs I play against really fast. do they invest a lot in speed or stamina?

I also have problems guarding SFs.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Put all on pass for effective 3points

Comment

Umm ok so here at my SG stats, It all depend on your play-style but the universal stats that you can't go wrong with are 3pt, speed, and some stamina. These stats are RIDICULOUS to obtain mostly extreme luck and MONEY. Just ignore the big numbers and focus on the bars. Btw are you a default character or a special character? because you won't be able to replicate the bars if you aren't a special character.

But yeah, I would say 15 bars on 3pt, 10 in speed, 10 in Stamina. THEN you can put on either middle/ long-layup for offensive end. If you want to focus on defense some in block or steal. I would highly recommend at-least 4 bars on tussle. Tussle is good in scenarios such as running to a defenders screen, you are less likely to turnover the ball and fall from a face up. Instead you would stand still with 2 options either shoot the ball or pass.

Now skills...again depends on how you play but your current skills are pretty bad unless you're Forever or have mastered the art of A. On the hands of a mechanically good player those skills are pretty strong but for beginners I wouldn't suggest those skills. On someone that doesn't know what they are doing you are asking to turnover the ball or maybe once in awhile you might get a lucky cross against someone of equally skilled.

Ok these are the two sets of skills I run. If I am playing with a good PG and a rebounder I would run this skill set

Skill Set 1:

Judging from skills you can see most of your offense comes from either dash or a rare backroll. You can see I run alot of pass skills because I tend to make plays where I attract alot of my opposing team players leading to someone in my team being wide open for a shot. A weird skill might be the passive pass skill, you could switch that out for something else but I tend to find myself getting my pass less intercepted with that on so I keep it. I have no clue on the theory-crafting or anything on that but I like the skill description. "Faster passes and less likely to be intercepted" which I highly prefer whereas PGs be getting so many intercepts with spamming A in a pass lane.

Skill Set 2:

With this style you don't have to rely on your team in terms of scoring but very vulnerable to blocks and defense in general.

*I would take out the dunk passive for Alley OOP.

Okay so for this set of skill there ALOT of offensive methods, well mostly drive based skills where you attack the basket mostly and play mind games with the enemy BIG. Mind game is key because if you just spam double clutch because you happen to have it, you're going to have a BAD time. Keep that in mind because most re bounder tend to wait for doubleclutchs so don't be afraid to play mind games and just do a default layup on their face IF your confident and don't think it can result in a turnover. Important thing is Learn manual layup range and input in every direction along with comboing a dribble into a manual layup. Utilize floater, that skill is amazing If you invest more points into long layup stats or card sets. Btw I would replace the dunk passive in the skill set with Alley because the Floater+Alley chemistry is pretty damn good. But yeah learn dribble then instant manual layup on every angle and don't try to spam on skill try to be as unpredictable as possible. When in doubt when driving, just pass in the air ONLY if someone is in paint or else it will be an airball. Always be on look out for an open space in paint for an easy default manual. Learn left right drive fake into paint shots it's pretty good if used right. Also mix it up with some backroll and cha ching you'll be a online balla 420 no scope.

But yeah I would suggest using skill set #2 because it's way less team dependent, Skill Set 1 is all about team play and chemistry. Learn the second skill set then if you feel like you need a challenge or further your online baller skillz grab a team and do the first skill set to increase the skill cap.

Last edited by PGSen; 08-22-2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• K.Hipster
        K.Hipster commented
        Editing a comment
        shit has better stats then my motherfucking sf

• Ball
        Ball commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm curious on how you use Quick change effectively. When I use it, I do get a noticeable speed and movement bonus in said direction, but it doesn't give me much room to make an open shot. I was attempting to use it in a similar fashion to how passes in FS1 caused you to move slightly faster and into a better shooting position.

• PGSen
        PGSen commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to quick change then one side dribble then a backroll into either left or right (this is extremely effective if you learn to do it right after a vcut). But when I'm doing AWAY SG I primarily use it to quick change then shoot a 3 or a fake.

that speed is mad useless bruh, unless you want to walk laps around the court

Comment

Originally posted by K.Hipster View Post
        that speed is mad useless bruh, unless you want to walk laps around the court
        A friend (BigJoe) showed me a korean guide where the guy didn't put anything on speed. So this man might be on to something.

This is AWAY SG aka screen dashing SG.

Btw the stats aren't identically to this version if you were to translate the stats that but I'm sure the lower points he put on is stamina.

Comment

SG tip:HAVE GOOD TEAMMATES WHO PLAY WITH YOU EVERY GAME

Comment

Originally posted by heyladies View Post
            SG tip:HAVE GOOD TEAMMATES WHO PLAY WITH YOU EVERY GAME

Comment

Working...
            X