Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob here trying to get to 50 for the first time. Have some q's any advice helpful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob here trying to get to 50 for the first time. Have some q's any advice helpful

Hi. Quick background, i started playing with a friend a month ago. I have tried every position, and have
    sf38, sg 26, pf26 in the pro's.
    My favorite positions are: sf,sw,sg(i can't roll on command yet)pf,dg.
    my ping is usually between 50-80 on na server. its usually 150-180 on eu server

My biggest problems with the game are:
    1. keeping up with dash sg's. (i watched a guide and still have trouble)
    2. Finding a game without being kicked. I usually play late at night, and I've noticed the games are easier during the day. If i can't find a good game on na, i usually switch to eu.
    3. I feel useless as a big past 24. I feel like i can't get a rebound, and i don't have any of the offensive skills that i will get later.

I don't have any spc's, i was thinking is it worth it?
    I figured now would be a good time to start, with the extra item slot, and card/item balls for playing over the next 2 weeks. i wouldn't mind paying 1 time, and maybe paying for item slots later on the same character. Will it make it easier?
    I was thinking the extra 40pts, combined with the bonuses of some spc's would make a big diff. I was thinking Nikki or michelle, since they have the +8, +6mid. Jak is the tallest, so maybe him as well.

does it get easier from 38-50? i understand there's a few new skills to buy, but will i notice a difference?

Any advice on defending dash sg? Especially when playing with 2 randoms. My friend doesn't like playing the pro's.

also is ranked coming back?

thanks, any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by beso858; 09-01-2016, 10:45 AM.

Originally posted by beso858 View Post
    Hi. Quick background, i started playing with a friend a month ago. I have tried every position, and have
    sf38, sg 26, pf26 in the pro's.
    My favorite positions are: sf,sw,sg(i can't roll on command yet)pf,dg.
    my ping is usually between 50-80 on na server. its usually 150-180 on eu server

My biggest problems with the game are:
    1. keeping up with dash sg's. (i watched a guide and still have trouble)
    2. Finding a game without being kicked. I usually play late at night, and I've noticed the games are easier during the day. If i can't find a good game on na, i usually switch to eu.
    3. I feel useless as a big past 24. I feel like i can't get a rebound, and i don't have any of the offensive skills that i will get later.

I don't have any spc's, i was thinking is it worth it?
    I figured now would be a good time to start, with the extra item slot, and card/item balls for playing over the next 2 weeks. i wouldn't mind paying 1 time, and maybe paying for item slots later on the same character. Will it make it easier?
    I was thinking the extra 40pts, combined with the bonuses of some spc's would make a big diff. I was thinking Nikki or michelle, since they have the +8, +6mid. Jak is the tallest, so maybe him as well.

does it get easier from 38-50? i understand there's a few new skills to buy, but will i notice a difference?

Any advice on defending dash sg? Especially when playing with 2 randoms. My friend doesn't like playing the pro's.

also is ranked coming back?

thanks, any advice appreciated.
    1. If you have trouble keeping up with dash, tell your big that he may have to rotate. Teamwork makes the dreamwork.
    2. If you get kicked, just make your own room. Eventually you'll find some regulars on your friends list and will build enough chemistry to know how each you play. And yes, games are typically easier during the day, since most set teams aren't on.
    3. It's pretty hard as a big with less than optimal ping. The only thing you can do is keep grinding or join the club and play with another PF.

If you're not playing as well as you want on an NPC, buying an SPC won't help that much. There are a few guys in NA that are good players, but aren't using an SPC (DBLL, KobeBryant, Khipster, etc). I'll say it does get a little easier after 30 something, because you have more skills to use.

Just a heads up: with your ping, you might want to main guards/SW/SF. Not to say you can't main big, but playing on smalls might minimize the influence ping has on your play.

Comment

keep trying, don't give up and you will definitely reach 50. Add me in game when I get back my internet Soldier_King, HeartInCenter, and LoveLeadsUs and I'll be happy to team.

Like he said dash requires teamwork, similar to how a screen in real basketball requires switching sometimes, communication is key.

Don't stop trying new things, be willing to lose and grow, and keep practicing, you will be the best in no time!

Comment

According to your problems, here are my suggestions:

1. Keeping up with dash SG is hard because SG can take advantage from dashing speed, therefore sometimes defending dash requires a teamwork unless you have much experienced that you are able to follow the movement of that SG. Therefore, both PF and PG need to watch out the SG in defence because lose 2pt is better than lose 3pt.

2. This game seems to have a common rule that most gamers prefer to play with similar level players, if you don't wanna be kicked, there are two options. The first one is to create a room for yourself so you can pick up the teammates. The second one is to play harder and try to be a pro level player, then you will get a lot of friends who are willing to play with you.

3. After 24 is hard, this is not only because of skills, but also the experience. Honestly, the most useful skill for PF in reb is Box-out. If you are able to master this skill very well, you can beat most of PF/C. Therefore, do not complaint about this stage, because everyone comes from that disadvantage period. Just take it easy and keep practicing yourself, and one day you will no longer to become the pro.

Comment

How I defend dash!
          Another thing that I use to defend dash is to stay under / behind the screen rather than following the sg around the screen . Wut this does for me is avoid getting picked by the screen and it is much easier for me to follow the direction of the sgs dash . If the sg is to fast for you to catch up to him ask the big to help u and u either switch onto the big or double team the sg.

How not to get kicked!
          You gotta play like a pro, Look like a pro, and act like a pro or you could just create your own room ofc.

Big is hard!
          Learn to boxout and your rebs per game will increase a noticeable amount
          "I don't have any offensive skills" that's not really a problem just focus on getting rebs and blocks u don't hv to score as a big.

Are spcs worth it!?
          Spcs ofc give u a advantage buh the advantage isn't as big as u probably think it is several non spcs out there who are very skilled eg DBLL, KobeBryant, Mercedez, ( <-All of them have won a tournament) ,etc

Does it get easier as I level up!?
          No. A higher level character doesn't make u a automatic winner all it does is gives u more options

I hope I assisted you in some way

Oh and don't give up keep on grinding

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess i just need to be a little more patient, and communicative with my teammates.

I'll prolly hold back on being a pro big until i get the hang of it a more. Hopefully my ping gets a lil better.

The diff in ability and play-style definitely hit me hard when i first got 24. I just have to keep at it though. In the short time i've been playing, i've definitely improved.

I really like this game, and even in the bad games I'm very thankful they're only 5 minutes long haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
              How I defend dash!
              Another thing that I use to defend dash is to stay under / behind the screen rather than following the sg around the screen . Wut this does for me is avoid getting picked by the screen and it is much easier for me to follow the direction of the sgs dash . If the sg is to fast for you to catch up to him ask the big to help u and u either switch onto the big or double team the sg.
              I watched a video that said this too. I've been trying to get better at this. The sg dashes to the corner, and i sprint after from across the screener. They have a better angle though, so by the time i get there, I'm barely in the mark to contest the shot. I feel like it's a positioning thing, and knowing which way the sg is most likely to go. It's also likely I'm not taking the best path to the ball. Like in real bball its about fundamentals right?

Comment

its possible to defend solo by using that standing outside of screener and you'll have enough time to contest the shot even as pf, if the sg is slow. if they're too fast and/or have too much stamina, you'll fall behind so teamwork is the best bet.

as you do get better and ready to invest in some slots or possibly spc, i would recommend creating a new character and start from scratch, slowly if need be to play with your friends in major. this is so you can get free card balls without having to spend money if you've already used all the free balls on the characters you've been playing. invest it all on single character. by the time you hit lvl 24, you should have 20 - 30 card balls.

there are certain play styles as you might have seen. each position requires different skill in particular playstyles, learn those details as you play but playing with randoms, the idea is simple: spread the floor, not too close to get in your teammates way by draw extra defender, not too far for bad pass. this will make it easier for everyone if everyone does it.

and probably the hardest simple adjustment to make in pro channel is intercept. careful with the passes.

Comment

Originally posted by yiyagiteller View Post
                  its possible to defend solo by using that standing outside of screener and you'll have enough time to contest the shot even as pf, if the sg is slow. if they're too fast and/or have too much stamina, you'll fall behind so teamwork is the best bet.

as you do get better and ready to invest in some slots or possibly spc, i would recommend creating a new character and start from scratch, slowly if need be to play with your friends in major. this is so you can get free card balls without having to spend money if you've already used all the free balls on the characters you've been playing. invest it all on single character. by the time you hit lvl 24, you should have 20 - 30 card balls.

there are certain play styles as you might have seen. each position requires different skill in particular playstyles, learn those details as you play but playing with randoms, the idea is simple: spread the floor, not too close to get in your teammates way by draw extra defender, not too far for bad pass. this will make it easier for everyone if everyone does it.

and probably the hardest simple adjustment to make in pro channel is intercept. careful with the passes.

Thanks man, I've noticed passing is incredibly difficult in the pros.

I did just get a naughty kitties coupon, so i intend to start over and do that on a new sf.

Hope this isn't a dumb question. Are card balls, or the other balls affected by what lvl you are? I assumed i have the same random chance of getting a good card, or good gear with a lvl 1 as i do a lvl 50.

Comment

i dont think it matters. i try to save the balls so i can do open bunch in a row. i did get a pro legend card set at lvl 20, which has a lvl requirement of lvl 24.

by the way, i meant start a new character on a new account.

Comment

Why a new account though? I understand i can't trade items/cards to a new character, but i can still use the points, and the toy applies to all my characters. I can also funnel some of the items i receive to the new character, from the daily event, and the dice roll, and things like that, even while im using my current chars.

Comment

The only secret is keep playing,not much skills in this game,you will master it within a couple of months.

If you would like to play, I suggest you to invest the card balls this week and get sub attribute reset. Although DB is not special character, but he has really god cards.Kobe and Khipster can do great defense which not require good cards.But special character is recommended since you won't regret in the future( it has the possibility you will buy special character in the future and reinvest everything). And get in a crew and learn from old players and find a stable team. This is a team basketball game which means teamwork over single plays.

In general, this is ping to win and card to win game. with heart and practice you can be really good.

Comment

Working...
                        X