Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having doubts about PF vs CT

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice as you can probably tell, but first a little introduction. (you can skip if TL

I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks now. I started with a SG because 3pt love and ended up switching because I wasn't good enough and the whole hanging back waiting and shooting wasn't really my thing. I switched to a SF because I felt that I needed more balance and wanted to do more for the team, blocking, rebounds, shooting etc. I noticed I improved fast and became somewhat decent at the game. I could actually carry teams and had a lot of fun in doing so. Now 2-3 days ago I got to level 24 and ended up in the pro channel. This is where I started to have doubts because I felt that I was too balanced, if that's a thing, and noticed people didn't really pass to me, my 2 pts would barely hit, and my overall enjoyment of the game went downhill fast. I've observed other SF's but I kinda felt like they had the same problem and to be honest I didn't really ran into so many at all since hitting pro. I also did a attribute reset and tried out different builds, 3pt, 2pt layup etc.
    Also a lobby between 0-24 and 24-50 would be nice but that's a different story.

So today I decided to try out different positions:
    PG: interested me because 2pt, 3pt, speed and diving potential.
    PF: defensive, rebounds, blocks etc.

Q: I instantly fell in love with PF, I could carry teams again and play defensively.
    I have read a fair amount of guides about PF, CT and C but I still have some doubts even after searching through this and the other publisher's forum. I'm still the more ranged type of person so in this aspect long dunks and long layups win. Looking at the wikia it seems that PW wins this one with higher long dunk but the long layup is the same.
    The block is a lot higher on PF (25p) but the rebound is higher on CT (13p)
    Is the difference in points big enough to notice a lot of change between these 2 positions? Higher rebound sounds more like a certainty over block to me. But would losing 50 long dunk points make up for this? Since I am near the basket while defending. While attacking I tend to go for 2pts rather than dunks.

Thanks for reading,

CT tap ass is too fun.

Comment

REB value is not that determined compare to your ping. So PF all the way. CT's blk is too low and can't score faces strong defense. At least PF can dunk. CT is more for fun.
      Try to get a good card for PF these two weeks.

Comment

i personally like pf best because of one reason: boxout swarm and sf for the same reason if im playing sf as the only big.
        you can ignore long dunk attribute, long layup is what matters.

in the end, it really depends on what card you get lucky with pf, this opens up more options on how you want to play. if you get some nice cards with 3pt success or long layup range or manual block range and such, you can focus on one playstyle.
        for example i was power pf getting rebounds and sticking to paint, once i got lucky with sp5 with decent subs, i went shrewed and became a 3pt pf, then i made a new pf to stick to paint.

similar story with sf, i got lucky with sp2 and sp5 on the sf, i tried power, shrewed, and balance specs. i reverted to balance in the end, my attributes are complete cookie cutter mode (spread almost evenly throughout mid, 3pt, long layup, blk, reb, spd) and i just change clothes and cards depending on if i'm playing as a big or as a scorer/iso or as a corner shooter.

my suggestion is, since you been playing only for 2 weeks, keep playing and keep experimenting and mess around on that account to learn the game. once you think you know what you want to do, make a new account for all those free card balls. make a spc while you're at it if you can.

instead of forcing what you want to do, you should learn the popular playstyles in the game to understand what your teammates expect of you, this should give you an idea what type of positions are available for particular playstyles and pick the one that fits you best. ie; im trash so i like being in the corner dancing to my heart's content and shoot if they pass to me and im open.

btw, defense is the most important, dont focus too much on offense when learning the game; for the same reason what i mentioned earlier on what i do on offense. offense has limited role depending on playstyle so you can literally just dance and do nothing but defense will always matter.

Comment

momo24 but if the CT has superior passing skills and scoring skill's compared to their defender then it doesn't really matter but overall PF's are better in certain aspect's of the game at least but it mostly depends on Ping and stat's

Comment

Originally posted by iiLettuce View Post
            momo24 but if the CT has superior passing skills and scoring skill's compared to their defender then it doesn't really matter but overall PF's are better in certain aspect's of the game at least but it mostly depends on Ping and stat's
            You are totally right.
            What I am thinking is the issue is the lineup for Ct. He should handle the ball and arrange passes,and he is the highest rebounder in the team. But If he is the only big in team,his lower block will affect If they faces iso PF.So I think the best is CT PF SF/PG. There should be a god isoer In team,both CT PF can make 3s,and CT can alley which will be OP,and let the PF blk iso PF.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

momo24 Yes your correct about the iso but if he we're to make CT he should always make sure to have a C or PF and SG or SF

Comment

Working...
                X