Need help deciding between SF and SW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help deciding between SF and SW?

I currently have the option of creating a SW after playing SG for a while (at level 12) and I've been thinking about creating a SF before I had this option. I'm planning on creating a new character (either SF or SW) and I'm looking for some feedback from the community about which one I should make? I have talked to some people who told me that SW is pretty "trash" so I'm hesitating on making a SW. So, I have just a few questions that will help me determine which position I play next.

Which one would be better for a "jack-of-all-trades" type of play? (I'm assuming SF since SW is more for driving I think?)
    Which one would be better at taking 3 point shots? (I know that they both have the same 3 point attribute but which position would be more viable for building 3 point stats onto it?)
    Which one would be more accepted by teams in the long run? (Like in the pro channel)
    Most importantly, which one is the most fun (in your opinion)?
    Also, who would be the best character for either? (SPC included)

Thanks for your time!!
    Last edited by noobinhat; 08-16-2016, 12:12 AM.

if you have low ping, go with sf.

Comment

Go SF or SG.

SW has tons of weakness...

1. Does not have intercept. Bad at block. Bad Steal. Okay speed (like SG without steal/intercept/dive)
      2. Dribble / double clutch relliant. (lead to turnover)
      3. SF rebound better.
      4. Need *4 dunk freestyle to dominate the game.
      5. Need ISO bigman.

Basically SW is low tier in this game. (almost nobody use them)

Comment

Pretty much the guy above said it all

SW in this game has tons of weakness
        I will add more to his stuff

1) Poor efficiency over investments, meaning even if your cards are good, compared to other positions with good cards it's still bad

2) Only three choices of finishing paint moves compared to SG and they are very unstable
        SG - Floater, jump pass, double clutch, manual layup, alley oop
        SW - Scoop shot, double clutch, manual layup

Scoop shot is still easy to block once you are used to it since it's still a form of layup close to the post

But I wouldn't say SF is still good even though it's better than SW

SF still has a weakness compared to SG in terms of efficiency on investments

So if you were to put exact same money on to SG and SF, SG will outperform SF
        Last edited by Hanachan; 08-18-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanachan View Post
          Pretty much the guy above said it all

SW in this game has tons of weakness
          I will add more to his stuff

1) Poor efficiency over investments, meaning even if you are cards are good, compared to other positions with good cards it's still bad

2) Only three choices of finishing paint moves compared to SG and they are very unstable
          SG - Floater, jump pass, double clutch, manual layup, alley oop
          SW - Scoop shot, double clutch, manual layup

Scoop shot is still easy to block once you are used to it since it's still a form of layup close to the post

But I wouldn't say SF is still good even though it's better than SW

SF still has a weakness compared to SG in terms of efficiency on investments

So if you were to put exact same money on to SG and SF, SG will outperform SF
          Basically, the tier in this game

-- S+ tier --
          1.PF (Can do anything except steal, need good ping to be good)

-- S tier--
          2. PG (You will see this position alot, weak at jumpers, but they can splash if you leave them open)

-- A+ tier--
          3. DG (Basically SG with better drive movesets, but weak 3pt)
          3. SG (Dash, 3pt, pillar, ISO you name it, weak at low level)
          3. CT (Need 200 block, after that, you're good to go, need good ping to be good)

-- A tier --
          4. C (Cannot ISO, unless you're a rich man, need good ping to be good)
          4. SF (weak against Screen, need huge amout Block/Reb stats to become bigman, need good ping to be good)

-- B tier --
          5. SW (already explain it)

For the best spc

SF-Jack, Tallest one, has unique dunk.
          SG-Kim/ox, Kim are the Tallest one, while ox have longest BRTD.
          DG-Lyn, Tallest one
          PG-Lyn or Goku (Goku has smallest size which really help him to slip inside)
          SW-Ginger/wulin, why gingger? Because she is small, you can Drive easily, then use your Free style dunk IF no Bigman inside the paint. Wulin have free style lv4 on the go plus weird dunk.
          Last edited by Samuel Soegiarto; 08-16-2016, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by noobinhat View Post
            I currently have the option of creating a SW after playing SG for a while (at level 12) and I've been thinking about creating a SF before I had this option. I'm planning on creating a new character (either SF or SW) and I'm looking for some feedback from the community about which one I should make? I have talked to some people who told me that SW is pretty "trash" so I'm hesitating on making a SW. So, I have just a few questions that will help me determine which position I play next.

Which one would be better for a "jack-of-all-trades" type of play? (I'm assuming SF since SW is more for driving I think?)
            Which one would be better at taking 3 point shots? (I know that they both have the same 3 point attribute but which position would be more viable for building 3 point stats onto it?)
            Which one would be more accepted by teams in the long run? (Like in the pro channel)
            Most importantly, which one is the most fun (in your opinion)?
            Also, who would be the best character for either? (SPC included)

Thanks for your time!!
            If you want people to hate you go SW
            If you want to hate yourself go SF

In all seriousness.

Jack of all trades would be SF. (If you have good ping). SW has higher steal than SF, but SF has higher rebound.
            Personally SW would be better at making 3pts. SW cant get dash but if you like playing solo. SW has two "stepback" skills, and SW is faster.
            That depends 100% on your skill, and how you play your character.
            I enjoy playing SW because they have insane long layup with decent 2pt and good 3pt. SW is a scoring prodigy. (If you can play it.)
            Nicki (SW) Jack (SF)

I personally play James Kim (SF), but thats just preference.
            Last edited by Joytoy; 08-16-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

SF is the most versatile position in the game especially if you have west ping. They can play anywhere from bigman, main scorer, to point guard. I would say go for SF if you're looking for a Jack-of-All-Trades position. Also, SF can do pretty much every thing an SW does, but SW can't rebound, block, intercept, jump pass, etc. like an SF does.

Comment

Originally posted by Avengeful View Post
                SF is the most versatile position in the game especially if you have west ping. They can play anywhere from bigman, main scorer, to point guard. I would say go for SF if you're looking for a Jack-of-All-Trades position. Also, SF can do pretty much every thing an SW does, but SW can't rebound, block, intercept, jump pass, etc. like an SF does.
                You're right bro. SF is a good all around character, he can basically due everything in the right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Eager View Post
                  You're right bro. SF is a good all around character, he can basically due everything in the right hands.
                  Jack of all trades

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Soegiarto View Post

Basically, the tier in this game

-- S+ tier --
                    1.PF (Can do anything except steal, need good ping to be good)

-- S tier--
                    2. PG (You will see this position alot, weak at jumpers, but they can splash if you leave them open)

-- A+ tier--
                    3. DG (Basically SG with better drive movesets, but weak 3pt)
                    3. SG (Dash, 3pt, pillar, ISO you name it, weak at low level)
                    3. CT (Need 200 block, after that, you're good to go, need good ping to be good)

-- A tier --
                    4. C (Cannot ISO, unless you're a rich man, need good ping to be good)
                    4. SF (weak against Screen, need huge amout Block/Reb stats to become bigman, need good ping to be good)

-- B tier --
                    5. SW (already explain it)

For the best spc

SF-Jack, Tallest one, has unique dunk.
                    SG-Kim/ox, Kim are the Tallest one, while ox have longest BRTD.
                    DG-Lyn, Tallest one
                    PG-Lyn or Goku (Goku has smallest size which really help him to slip inside)
                    SW-Ginger/wulin, why gingger? Because she is small, you can Drive easily, then use your Free style dunk IF no Bigman inside the paint. Wulin have free style lv4 on the go plus weird dunk.

I dont believe a tier list is applicable for positions in FS because of how the game is steadily evolving and while SW may be, in your opinion, "B tier" if a playstyle which is extremely effective that uses SW comes out then this would contradict what youre saying. Also Height no longer matters since theyve done that balance patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Foe View Post

I dont believe a tier list is applicable for positions in FS because of how the game is steadily evolving and while SW may be, in your opinion, "B tier" if a playstyle which is extremely effective that uses SW comes out then this would contradict what youre saying. Also Height no longer matters since theyve done that balance patch.
                      Nah, tier is tier, people can win against upper tier with skills and matchups knowledge. Lower tier DO have edge especially that position not common, they can cause matchup problem early on, BUT when their weakness exposed, it's hard to complete.

Picking high tier does not mean you're 100% good, and picking low tier does not mean you're 100% bad. But be aware of your character limitations.

As for height, well you're correct, while it's not affecting shooting ability, it's does affect your bumping angle, higher body has easier time to def Drive and lower body has easier to Drive, so yeah.
                      Last edited by Samuel Soegiarto; 08-20-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Sw is the most enjoyable position in the game imo, but SF will outperform them until you become level 40 on SW, if you use your skills right then though you can dominate on SW.

Comment

SF is a much more defensive position.

Comment

If you know how to play the game I would choose SW just because it has more offensive skills.

Comment

SW all the way if fancy long lay ups and dunks. Ypu get to 230 att without sweating it.
                              And good luck stopping those ..2x drive and dunk freestyles you can renew for every single time you possess the ball.

Do I bother that the SF will outreb me if I play SW?
                              Absolutely not, as there will be a big in my team for it anyway..

Comment

Working...
                              X