help w/ court vision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help w/ court vision

I'm a hero ball person on my SW. In replays can easily see where I should pass but in game and on the move I'll get DTd near the end of my dribble and then commit to a shot that probably gets block. results in bored and possibly very angry teammates :s

so is there any routine or something to open up my court vision? Some games I will take off all of my skills and just leave quick J / quick change / direct / kill pass / manual lay, but that simply isn't how I play normally, but maybe it is necessary to get muscle memory on the passes going ?

If you haven't done so already, set your camera view to sky angle. I've also heard that side angle helps you see the whole court, but it might be hard to adjust.

Comment

you gotta know where your teammates will be,

Comment

speaking of routine, focus solely on doing iso playstyle so the defensive patterns you see will be easier to detect and the more you play, the easier you'll see the patterns on how defense rotates to take advantage of any of your open teammate. passing to open player is quiet self explanatory in iso games. and if the problem is tunnel vision of just you and the basket, fix that habit.

plus your teammates shouldnt be running around like headless chickens, they all have their roles. if you random, well, just have fun.
        Last edited by yiyagiteller; 08-10-2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I can honestly say that I might have the best court vision in this game, I average over 3 APG on every position, and a lot of that comes from experience with freestyle and real basketball.

It takes play time to both simultaneously keep track of your character and others, so the simple solution to your problem is to just play more.

Here are some pointers though:
          -In general, your focus should be on your defenders and not your own character.
          -Keep track of behaviors or patterns of your opponent, especially those playing help defense. Notice a defender getting closers and closer to you (maybe to reach for a steal), anticipate this and be ready to throw that kill pass to your open teammate.
          -Spacing is key. It helps a lot to have teammates that know how to properly space the floor, if they are too close or too far from you then your defenders can successfully double team/play help desk without any consequences.

I'll give you some more later.
          Last edited by ShotFake; 08-10-2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

1. expect double teams from all pro players at some point.

when players come to help, they will usually wait till you move, try testing out the defense by going close to the basket with a fake up right or up left movement to guage which helper is going where, then restart in the middle and then attack or pass knowing where everyone is going to be.

Comment

Working...
            X