Help blocking Pullup Jumpers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help blocking Pullup Jumpers

I have been playing this game for a while and I would like to call myself a fairly experienced player in this game with over 1000 hours in this game and. I main SF and somewhat SG and I have been very good at most aspects of the game and can play the positions I don't main fairly well. I'm am fairly good at blocking shots and somewhat ok at blocking manuaals and layups, But one specific shot has just proven to me its impossible to block. Everytime I defend someone who uses pullup jumper I have never been able to block it. I have tried millions of ways to block them but none seem to help. I watched a video on youtube by PowwerCoach explaining how to block it but it still didn't teach me how to block. The video said to stay in the center of the shot and it will be able to effectively contest or block it. I've tried blocking it using manual block and regular block but I have never been able to find a way to block it. I've tried blocking it on my PF and C with over 210 block and I still haven't been able to block it. Does anyone have any tips or solid ways to block them?

gotta block be close to them if you don't got high block and block really fast

Comment

(1) Pullup is a skill which cannot be pump faked, meaning you can react as soon as you see the animation begin rather than having to wait to see if your opponent is pumpfaking, kind of like quick jumper.

(2) Knowing this, stay close, and as soon as you see your opponent begin the quick jerking movement of pullup, slightly move in the direction the pullup is going (one input will do) and block quickly. You generally want to be pressing D as their character is moving to the side to initiate the pullup, it looks as if your character is already in the air as the opponent is releasing the ball. This sounds like you have to have amazing reflexes, but it is easier than it sounds. Knowing the pullup cannot be pumpfaked is key because you can start blocking as soon as you see your opponent begin the animation.

(3) When I am really on my game/ feel like trying really hard, I tend to look at the feet of my opponent to read just about every animation in this game. If you still have trouble blocking this shot, study the movement of the feet during the animation of pullup, memorize it, and follow step 2. This may give you the extra time to properly react to pullup.
      Last edited by ShotFake; 03-15-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

↑ best pullup blocker in the game take his advice.

also I'll add something that helped me a lot, if you don't move to start that helps a lot, often times you are so busy moving you don't think about reacting to their side until it's too late, be calm and zen like my friend kobebryant says and wait for them to move then block.

Comment

Originally posted by soldier king View Post
          ↑ best pullup blocker in the game take his advice.

also I'll add something that helped me a lot, if you don't move to start that helps a lot, often times you are so busy moving you don't think about reacting to their side until it's too late, be calm and zen like my friend kobebryant says and wait for them to move then block.
          I have tried these but I stil haven't found a solid way to block this. My computer isnt as fast so I run fs2 at 20-30 fps and I even when I block the same time as the person shoots I still miss the block.

Comment

Originally posted by rotimix3 View Post

I have tried these but I stil haven't found a solid way to block this. My computer isnt as fast so I run fs2 at 20-30 fps and I even when I block the same time as the person shoots I still miss the block.
            ​hm you might be to far away if you not getting block as soon as they shoot on my pg I couldn't block till I basically was touching them

Comment

Working...
            X