Rebounding and ping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebounding and ping

Hello everyone! I'm new to this game (my main is a lvl.30 shrewd CT) and I want to ask the veteran players out there for some tips with rebounding and generally defending in the paint. I can't get rebounds that often and my teammates just get pissed off at me. Also I want to ask if 52ms is good for playing C,PF and CT, because I heard that if I have bad ping I should be playing with SG and SF. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

52 ms is a decent ping. That probly is like a central westward ping since the server is in Cali. I wish I could help but I have 78 ms. U can probly be a good central rebber and blker if someone taught you. Good luck sir.

Comment

52ms is doable, but will require a lot of extra effort on your side. There are a couple bigs who have about 50 ping and still reb really well. (Zydrunas, Libra, Ability, to name a couple) The biggest thing for rebounding is going to learn how to use boxout to full efficiency, but honestly I'm not really the person to talk to for that kind of thing. I'm still pretty crappy at boxout and rebounding and I have 25 ping, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

All I can really say is, focus on learning how to use boxout and try to learn the height and range of your rebounds.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvygslf5jQ
      That is a really good video in learning how to use boxout really well.

It takes a lot of effort and time to compete with the pro players, but it's fun once you get to that level. I've played for almost a year myself and I still get crushed pretty easily. Just don't give up and learn from your mistakes.
      Win or lose, take when you did wrong and think of how to improve on it. Take what you did right and apply that to the next game.

As for defense, it all comes with practice unless you need help with a certain skill. Just need to learn timing and learn your block range so you know how you close you need to be in order to defend your man.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtw6GXtOgyg
      Here is a good guide on proper blocking.

Not sure if I was of any help, but I'm sure a lot of people here can help more than I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn View Post
        52ms is doable, but will require a lot of extra effort on your side. There are a couple bigs who have about 50 ping and still reb really well. (Zydrunas, Libra, Ability, to name a couple) The biggest thing for rebounding is going to learn how to use boxout to full efficiency, but honestly I'm not really the person to talk to for that kind of thing. I'm still pretty crappy at boxout and rebounding and I have 25 ping, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

All I can really say is, focus on learning how to use boxout and try to learn the height and range of your rebounds.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvygslf5jQ
        That is a really good video in learning how to use boxout really well.

It takes a lot of effort and time to compete with the pro players, but it's fun once you get to that level. I've played for almost a year myself and I still get crushed pretty easily. Just don't give up and learn from your mistakes.
        Win or lose, take when you did wrong and think of how to improve on it. Take what you did right and apply that to the next game.

As for defense, it all comes with practice unless you need help with a certain skill. Just need to learn timing and learn your block range so you know how you close you need to be in order to defend your man.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtw6GXtOgyg
        Here is a good guide on proper blocking.

Not sure if I was of any help, but I'm sure a lot of people here can help more than I can.
        Thank you for the clips, Popcorn! As I said I'm still getting the hang of the game and I have a lot to work on, so these videos helped me a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Astro View Post
          52 ms is a decent ping. That probly is like a central westward ping since the server is in Cali. I wish I could help but I have 78 ms. U can probly be a good central rebber and blker if someone taught you. Good luck sir.
          I will try my best! Good luck to you too, Astro!

Comment

Thx Kopar.. wish u the best of luck.

Comment

Working...
            X