question about dribble in general and help defending them :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about dribble in general and help defending them :(

I have a problem with this for long time and now that im not playing on my pf and playing perimeter defense im having trouble with dribble spammers.
    first of all i truly cant see the difference between a crossover drive and a regular one it looks 100% the same to me except in the crossover at the end of the dribble the hand is switched,is this so hard to see?i went to free court and spam normal drive and crossover for 15 min(with and without sp drive) and coudlnt see any difference not in the speed between them or the animation,it is also sucks because im trying to do the "cj baller move" that valioa showed but i dont even know if im doing it right becuase i see no difference.
    with that being said my most critical issue here is that im getting ankle break(when that bubble shows above you) alot on defense,on the less skilled guys i sometimes predict and facethem up just because of experience but when someone good is against me im getting anklebreak for days altough, i can see that the people against me defend dribbles very well(its actually scary to dribble against them) and i honestly have no clue how and what are they looking for to do that.
    this is really bothering me because i wrok hard on my reaction blocks and my dash defense and defense in general but when someone is driving against me specially with fancy drive i am really hopeless,legit a bad swing and 1v1 periemeter defender and now that im not playing pf that hurts alot,its that bad that i can even get "perfect" in the faceup tutorial .

if someone could give me some tips and explanation on this subject that will help so much!im looking for info for days but i cant find anything i searched all valioa and dbll's youtubes videos but i cant find it,also if someone has tips especially for the back roll turn dribble that sometimes annoy me that will be great too .

thanks in advanced
    Last edited by Joao; 03-08-2016, 01:02 AM.

I'm trash but I normally focus on defending one side either right or left if I'm trying to face.
    If they're isoing then I keep a foot1/2 and pray.
    If they get by and they're not isoing I normally let them go for the mid shot and use speed to block them out of this dimension.

(I normally don't get the block though because I low block stat snail pg mf)

Comment

It's an art.

Comment

^ its an art

dont hold w be4 he dribble.

~ DPOTY

Comment

there are 2 main styles to defending dribble, avoid break (which I think you're looking for), and trying to get a turnover.

One note before I explain: all breaks are like my friend DB calls half-breaks. Meaning even if you get broken, you can often recover and still block if you are close enough.

to avoid break, simply stand without moving as he dribbles in his center, then run and react then block, all breaks come when you move one direction and he dribbles as you're moving to usually the other side. If you don't move until he completes his dribble you won't be broken and you can still block all outside shots if you run correctly.

turnover style, there are 2 types, steal and faceup knockover. (for you as PF obviously you're not going to do steal style)
          faceup: single dribbles- use shift and pick a side then w as he dribbles: ie: start on one side of the dribbler, hold w, then, let go of w and run WITHOUT w, then when u get to the opposite side, hold w at the last second. Be random, sometimes remain on the same side so they don't guess your pattern. Basically you are guessing a side then at the last second pressin w, amateurs mess this up by holding w as they move which slows them down and makes their side their defending obvious.
          faceup: drive cuts (when you dribble then return to spot and dribble again), as he returns to his spot, run up to him with shift and press w
          faceup: drive fake (when you crossover), the crossovers alternate so if he goes right, get the left with w and you'll knock him over

the big risk of faceup turnover style is that because you are moving, you open yourself up to the break if they happen to time when you come up for the faceup and go past you in that moment. On offense, I often tap a to measure where they will faceup if their being agressive and then dribble the other way. Use this defensive style if hes doing a lot of dribbles per possession, but if only a couple just be safe and avoid break, up to you to decide your defense.

steal: - stay back and wait until the dribble is complete and go for the steal, or run up to the backdribble/back3/side dribble and try to swipe if you're close.
          risk: if he shoots you give him a bonus if the steal is unsuccessful (be careful on the 3 line), sometimes you can steal in the middle of a would be successful shot.
          Strong teamwork combo: you steal, but your c helps by jumping, effectively stopping both the pump and the shot, with the risk being that the pump is successful or that he passes quickly to the open big.

Good luck, and remember that there is always a way to succeed.

Dribling is an art, defending dribble is an art. Hope you enter the tournament.
          -Soldier King
          Last edited by soldier king; 03-08-2016, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Back roll turn dribble guide by Sen:

http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...turn-iii-guide

Comment

Originally posted by soldier king View Post
              there are 2 main styles to defending dribble, avoid break (which I think you're looking for), and trying to get a turnover.

One note before I explain: all breaks are like my friend DB calls half-breaks. Meaning even if you get broken, you can often recover and still block if you are close enough.

to avoid break, simply stand without moving as he dribbles in his center, then run and react then block, all breaks come when you move one direction and he dribbles as you're moving to usually the other side. If you don't move until he completes his dribble you won't be broken and you can still block all outside shots if you run correctly.

turnover style, there are 2 types, steal and faceup knockover. (for you as PF obviously you're not going to do steal style)
              faceup: single dribbles- use shift and pick a side then w as he dribbles: ie: start on one side of the dribbler, hold w, then, let go of w and run WITHOUT w, then when u get to the opposite side, hold w at the last second. Be random, sometimes remain on the same side so they don't guess your pattern. Basically you are guessing a side then at the last second pressin w, amateurs mess this up by holding w as they move which slows them down and makes their side their defending obvious.
              faceup: drive cuts (when you dribble then return to spot and dribble again), as he returns to his spot, run up to him with shift and press w
              faceup: drive fake (when you crossover), the crossovers alternate so if he goes right, get the left with w and you'll knock him over

the big risk of faceup turnover style is that because you are moving, you open yourself up to the break if they happen to time when you come up for the faceup and go past you in that moment. On offense, I often tap a to measure where they will faceup if their being agressive and then dribble the other way. Use this defensive style if hes doing a lot of dribbles per possession, but if only a couple just be safe and avoid break, up to you to decide your defense.

steal: - stay back and wait until the dribble is complete and go for the steal, or run up to the backdribble/back3/side dribble and try to swipe if you're close.
              risk: if he shoots you give him a bonus if the steal is unsuccessful (be careful on the 3 line), sometimes you can steal in the middle of a would be successful shot.
              Strong teamwork combo: you steal, but your c helps by jumping, effectively stopping both the pump and the shot, with the risk being that the pump is successful or that he passes quickly to the open big.

Good luck, and remember that there is always a way to succeed.

Dribling is an art, defending dribble is an art. Hope you enter the tournament.
              -Soldier King
              thankyou thank you thank you.
              i really appreciate the time and effort all of you guys our putting just to help me,soldier king your response was ridiculously helpfull,i put your tips to use in the game for couple of days and im no longer getting anklebreak at all,my defense got million times better
              btw im not playing pf im playing sg altough the steal defense still seems kinda risky for me.
              valioa i meant tips about defending the backroll but since im no longer guessing which side it goes defending it becomes alot easier,thanks anyway.

thank you all,also wanna thank rhualumni that helped me on his stream aswell.

Last edited by Joao1; 03-12-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

The Art of A has gotten stronger. If you want help to stop it: meet me at the beach at 4 AM.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem dribbling. I try to focus on defending one side, either right or left, but I do not quite succeed. I am trying to hone my skills from real life in the game of Minecraft. For a long time, I have played basketball in Minecraft and minecraft survival servers. This game is best played in a multiplayer game with two or more players. The rules and gameplay are very similar to basketball in real life. The main (and probably the most important) difference is that the ball will not bounce.
                  Last edited by JohnyKDa; 04-04-2022, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X