Question regarding being the scorer in ISO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding being the scorer in ISO

After a pretty long time im playing PF i decided to open an SG,im playing ISO atm and altough i played alot of iso games with my pf ive almost never been the scorer and im having one pretty serious problem,
    when im standing on the free throw line(im in range for layup) and my defender is facing me up really really close obv i want to manual layup when he is that close but the defender always "interrupt" my layup and it turns into a jumpshot,
    i try to move left and right and it didnt really work,i tried to sprint to a random side to avoid the faceup and it did somewhat work but its very sloppy.
    maybe if someone here from the forum knows how to avoid this faceup or has some trick it could help my alot,when my defender tries to block my layup(giving me space) its ez for me to ISO but if hes facing me up closley i dont know what to do and i dont see pro iso'ers having too much trouble with this thing(when im trying to do it they always manual layup over me and idk how)

also if someone has some more tips to give me i would appreciate it alot!

thanks

Use euro step

Comment

Originally posted by TwoAndAHalfMen View Post
      After a pretty long time im playing PF i decided to open an SG,im playing ISO atm and altough i played alot of iso games with my pf ive almost never been the scorer and im having one pretty serious problem,
      when im standing on the free throw line(im in range for layup) and my defender is facing me up really really close obv i want to manual layup when he is that close but the defender always "interrupt" my layup and it turns into a jumpshot,
      i try to move left and right and it didnt really work,i tried to sprint to a random side to avoid the faceup and it did somewhat work but its very sloppy.
      maybe if someone here from the forum knows how to avoid this faceup or has some trick it could help my alot,when my defender tries to block my layup(giving me space) its ez for me to ISO but if hes facing me up closley i dont know what to do and i dont see pro iso'ers having too much trouble with this thing(when im trying to do it they always manual layup over me and idk how)

also if someone has some more tips to give me i would appreciate it alot!

thanks
      If that's the case then your ISO overall is very predictable maybe you should try swing or dash because ISO on SG is probably a little more difficult than on PF because it's a mind game and if you go up against many of the people in the pro channel they are strong when it comes to 1 on 1 match ups

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctify View Post

If that's the case then your ISO overall is very predictable maybe you should try swing or dash because ISO on SG is probably a little more difficult than on PF because it's a mind game and if you go up against many of the people in the pro channel they are strong when it comes to 1 on 1 match ups
        i am aiming to be a dashing SG but till lvl 40 i tought maybe ill iso,also in general i want to know how to play different styles.
        you do right and i meet very strong 1v1 opponents but tbh swing against those is even harder and im kinda left hangin till lvl 40.
        i guess ill just fail till ill get better at this,also about the euro it can be faced up so idk how effective it will be but ill give it a try.

thanks for the help

Comment

I doubt you were playing swing style focusing on 3pt shots only, which surely makes your opponent defend you much easier. You should try to be flexible, shooting 2pt will make you harder to predict, creating some open 3pt shots sometimes. Also, Dash will not always be effective against strong teams, so don't rely on it too much, just be flexible ^^

Comment

A lot of isoers do have problems with this when they first start.

you can't actually layup, if the defender is close to you.

You think the right side is open and the defender is on the left, but he still prevents you from laying up because he's close.

the key to getting past this is movement. move all the way past him (you should be on his side), to layup successfully.

Now as you saw, when you move one way, you can get the layup off, but then you notice sometimes they guess which side you're going and cut you off. When they do this simply return back to the middle and go to the opposite side of the one they cut you off quickly. (like press up left, go down right back to the middle when they commit to the left side, and quickly go up right for the layup).

Another tip is that when they are facing you up close on the layup you should press d lightly. Do the manual layup but press d as if you are trying to pumpfake.
            The reason for this is if you are open for the layup it will do the layup, but if they face you up, you will pumpfake instead of shooting and getting blocked and you can pass and try again.
            You can practice this by going out of your range in free court and trying to layup, then going in your range and laying up, and see if you can do only layups or fakes without doing any shots.
            Last edited by soldier king; 03-05-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soldier king View Post
              A lot of isoers do have problems with this when they first start.

you can't actually layup, if the defender is close to you.

You think the right side is open and the defender is on the left, but he still prevents you from laying up because he's close.

the key to getting past this is movement. move all the way past him (you should be on his side), to layup successfully.

Now as you saw, when you move one way, you can get the layup off, but then you notice sometimes they guess which side you're going and cut you off. When they do this simply return back to the middle and go to the opposite side of the one they cut you off quickly. (like press up left, go down right back to the middle when they commit to the left side, and quickly go up right for the layup).

Another tip is that when they are facing you up close on the layup you should press d lightly. Do the manual layup but press d as if you are trying to pumpfake.
              The reason for this is if you are open for the layup it will do the layup, but if they face you up, you will pumpfake instead of shooting and getting blocked and you can pass and try again.
              You can practice this by going out of your range in free court and trying to layup, then going in your range and laying up, and see if you can do only layups or fakes without doing any shots.

THANK YOU.
              very helpfull, that was exactly what i tried to figure out and that makes so much sense that im even feeling abit stupid,now that i think back people do make the move to the side of the defender specially with the speed of an sg,thank you for the time and help(also making short tapping D a habbit will be a good idea and prevent those annoying jumpers i always miss,thanks for that too)

uhh for some reason i cant quote more than 1 person so for NDKHANG thats not actually my problem ive been playing on my 50 char for couple of months now so thats not really my problem(not claiming im pro ofc, as you can see im not. but im kinda past that lvl of sticking to the 3pt line) my problem with swing is just finding an open look when i play against good teams,they seem to face up my dribbles really easy taking it to the basket against those pf's and c's is hella risky,to be honest here they are just better and more experienced than me(all those guys from the big crews of the server) so its just natural i guess, altough i will always appreciate tips and help regarding anything so if you have some ill be happy to try it out in the game because i have alot to learn.

thanks for the help everyone.
              Last edited by TwoAndAHalfMen; 03-05-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X