Ball Handling Techniques (With Gifs!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Handling Techniques (With Gifs!)

Decided to show you guys some ball handling techniques that I do as a PG (but can be done with pretty much any position).

I was also planning on making a video of this as well, but at a later time...

But for now check out these ball handling techniques, with GIFs!!!

1. U-turn (protects the ball from aggressive opponents, but is weak against move/face up faking.

https://i.gyazo.com/9b9b00bde20e6db2...4435e09572.gif

2. Pixel by Pixel (a really good way to create mind games with ball handling, and prevents you from switching the ball hand, which is dangerous in some cases.)

https://i.gyazo.com/c81895fd8e1dbb26...186f2d66bf.gif

3. The Drive-thru (commonly used tech. useful against defenders that simply try to follow you and not predict you. This is weak against lag steals, and face up/move faking to some extent.

https://i.gyazo.com/ed4e888c0468149f...f63d80ad6a.gif

4. The CJBaller Drive aka Hesitation drive (infamous action drive tech used a lot by CJBallerPG, that looks like a normal non cross drive, but in reality, it is not. A cross over drive is generally slower than a normal drive, however, the CJBaller drive is a delayed normal drive, that makes the opponent quite confused, since the human mind would be assuming that a cross over drive would show up. to do this, you simply move left or right, making sure the BALL IS ON THE SIDE THAT YOUR SECOND MOVE INPUT IS, then immediately press the opposite direction, and the action drive button/key simultaneously, all in one combo. That will make you do this kind of drive... It is a crazy drive move that some people already know about. I'll give two examples for this one:

and....

https://youtu.be/mNc9f8F4Sis?t=38s (SF crossing the PG with said drive)

5. Bob & Weave (a move that some iso PGs use such as Fixt and I think Wyh, in which you basically move left and right swiftly while changing ball hands, creating possible mind game setups for those bump/faceup fanatics. this tech is somewhat weak against aggressive opponents in a way, but if mastered, it can be a deadly mixup tech, making them passive face up players guessing all day, and dodging approaching defenders almost flawlessly.

6. Drive and Post Fake (although it sounds like a skill, its not lol. basically, you continuously press A then W multiple times, creating drive or post up/turn around fade away mind games. This move is very useful for iso, and it is also difficult to get stolen when doing this if you time it right and delay the A and W according to the defense on you (aka spam stealers or timed stealers)

https://i.gyazo.com/c279867f221f9481...35557e38f9.gif

7. Baiting (a move I enjoy doing alot when I get a little arrogant : ) . you pretend to be easy to steal, then just go back to protecting the ball away from the defender. This is very risky, but can be used in some situations (JUST remember when you use this, remember that our game has unbalanced ping, and people can lag steal you. To prevent this, simply bait, then move ahead of time before they engage to safely do this tech.)

https://i.gyazo.com/a1469e3902773ca7...7f862caa6f.gif

8. Backdownbackdownbackdownbackdown (Ft. Ahkira cause he wanted me to play but I said no, so he hates me now mf. But anyway, this is a tech that StyleZ, 2 time mini tournament champ uses alot, making it a famous iso move, in which you can mix it up into a layup, shot, fade away, or turn around fade away.)

https://i.gyazo.com/6d260dabceb63d3e...e3450caaac.gif

9. That's my Baby! (A move commonly used by DBLL, a top PG whose famous for his Iso PG play, as well as making clutch buzzer beaters and game savers. Basically, you protect the ball, moving in one direction constantly, creating mind games within itself, despite the fact that its so simple xD. Just keep in mind that while you are doing this, don't forget to protect the ball like its yo baby/grillfriend.

NOTE: this may look like the U-turn tech, but its not. the U-turn involves rapid switches of movement, while this one does not.

https://i.gyazo.com/f5cdf23979df5d9d...c73929a3c6.gif

THATS ALL FOLKS!!! (May Add more tech in ze future.)

#InPieWeTrust
    Last edited by Valioa; 06-07-2016, 06:03 AM.

This is an amazing post Valioa, I'm truly amazed. It's interesting to see a compilation of all the different ball-handling techniques. I always knew a lot of the top players have their own unique ball handling style and it was very interesting to see it all compiled together. I think Proto's technique of running along baseline and back up to free throw line range to be in a position to pass for dash is a very unique, underrated strategy and it would be cool to see it here as well.

And as for #4, in real life, that's called a hesitation dribble, or colloquially, a "hesi." I would have to say another benefit of doing this is to get drive success. I'd also like to mention that DB does a very similar dribble move to CJ when he's looking for a three, filling up his FS dunks or getting into position for a dunk.

Great post, and I'm excited to see this post develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Zydrunas View Post
      This is an amazing post Valioa, I'm truly amazed. It's interesting to see a compilation of all the different ball-handling techniques. I always knew a lot of the top players have their own unique ball handling style and it was very interesting to see it all compiled together. I think Proto's technique of running along baseline and back up to free throw line range to be in a position to pass for dash is a very unique, underrated strategy and it would be cool to see it here as well.

And as for #4, in real life, that's called a hesitation dribble, or colloquially, a "hesi." I would have to say another benefit of doing this is to get drive success. I'd also like to mention that DB does a very similar dribble move to CJ when he's looking for a three, filling up his FS dunks or getting into position for a dunk.

I'll try to add Proto's handling move here (hopefully someone has a video of him doing it, that would actually be better xD)

And thank you!

Comment

Awsome work! Thank you for sharing. Love to see more of these rather than trash talk and complains on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Zydrunas View Post

lol totally agree "hesitation" is better with spdrive, seen players doing this before, and could ankle break the opponent if they predict you're going to do a cross

Dunno why it's called CJBaller drive.. anyways, that's how you call it.. no big deal

Over all, great job about the guide

Comment

interesting guide, I like it, I never thought about which hand the ball is in when I dribble, that's good insight.

and remember,
            everyone
            and I mean everyone
            loves
            pie.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, this is really helpful.

Comment

Very nice guide Valioa, hopefully more people use the CJballer drive

Looking forward to the video!

Comment

How about the "Jesus is your Savior" handle aka JeesusChrist (Billy/james kim spc only) go to the corner and stand on the sideline to make the ball out of bound to prevent 100% non-steal. EXCELLENT GUIDE! 10/10 now my steal per game average will drop because of this. Jk, very good on demonstration and how you set this guide.

Comment

wow i like it

Comment

Val always bless me with knowledge...

Comment

Working...
                      X