CT- The Control Tower thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT- The Control Tower thread

Hi guys, I'm just a newbie player and very interesting in position CT, but Im having a lot of trouble with rebound and defend with CT .. I have choosed screw type for my CT and now I think it's a problem because my tusstle attribute is too low to defend against other C and PF in pro channel, anyways I'm just lvl 36 and does not have a good card and toys and I know my ping is a problem to play a big man. But however I want to see some styles ( card, skills, toys, play styles ) of you guys to see how do you work with your CT. So I can more understand about CT and find the way to build my own CT.

You are new so I'm gonna cut you a little slack, but you should know tussle makes it easier to block but it doesnt stop you from being able to block, for example, I can block PFs and Cs on my PG,SG, and SW all with low tussle stats so you need to work on your blocking first of all. Secondly, if you chose shrewd type and have a high ping but are looking to get rebs you have already lost that battle. You should just focus on out scoring and locking down you opponent because unless you choose a power type C I'm pretty sure you have no chance at rebs in pro. I'm sorry that I don't have a CT to give you some real advice on the actual position but you should focus on those basics I put first anyway.

Comment

Tussle only helps you with blocking in terms of blocking dunks, but with the correct techniques, you can probably block them quite efficiently without much tussle.

Most of the time, high ping and big man do not really mix well together. Best of luck to you on the boards...

I personally believe it is best if you switch to a different position(but if you still want to keep being a CT, go for it). CT is imo the weakest position in the game. Low block(with no back block), low 3pt, and no dunk-at-will all as a high ping big man isn't sounding good for you.

Good luck, and hope to see you in the game.

TobinHeath
      Last edited by TobinHeath; 02-25-2016, 10:25 AM.

Comment

If you're looking to play CT, know that you're the weakest big man when it comes to paint defense. Though with proper knowledge and practice, you can be just as effective. Just note that it will require better skill and timing to be as good as a C or PF in that regard. CT is a playmaker big. It's not your job to score unless you're wide, it's your job to help your teammates score by setting up plays. CT's have the skills in regards of setting up your teammates to score. Here are some skills to note that a CT has that a PF or C doesn't have.

Pass and Run. This is a great skill for mixing up the offense, no other big has the mobility of a CT. Not only do you have more speed and stamina but we also have a mini dash skill. When this skill is equipped, just after passing the ball, push an arrow key in a direction and your character will make a quick short dash in this direction. It's great for confusing defense and catching big man who like to shadow defend off guard. While it seems better for giving yourself open shots which can be true, it's a tool in general that can be used to make their big man panic and run after you, giving your scorer a bit more room to do his work.

Hand to Hand Pass. This skill is good when running a pillar like offense. It's very selective in how it can be used though. When you receive a pass and haven't moved/started dribbling yet. You can hold W and A to hold the ball out behind you. Any teammate who runs passed you and touches the ball will take it and make a quick dash in the direction that choose. This can be good in regards to catching your opponents off guard but it will require a lot of teamwork to make this skill useful. You have the choice to pull the ball back in at any time and keep possession. One of the least useful skills the CT has but still fun and with high coordination it can be extremely effective.

Alley Oop Pass. Most don't really regard this skill as good unless you play Swing. Though due to a PG/SG's low tussle it's great to have on a CT in my opinion. It's a skill that can stretch the defense extremely thin. Seeing CT is a big man, you will most likely be guarded by a big man. You pull the big man out as a CT can hit mids fairly easily, throwing an alley on the opponents PG or SG can yield some solid results. Do note that Alley is pretty easy to block with proper knowledge of timing, much easier than a normal dunk. It's definitely not something to spam and works best when trying to keep your opponents on their toes and guessing what could happen.

Power Tap Pass. One of my favorite skills as a CT. Due to it's similar traits to Power Rebound, it is heavily compared to that skill. C's Power Rebound is a skill that gives them less rebound height but farther rebound range when used, allowing them to catch balls that are farther away than normal. Power Tap Pass is exactly like this, but in regards to the Tap Pass skill. The height for Power Tap Pass is extremely low, it is not a skill to be used on high bounces or when a normal rebound is available. But it does have longer range than Tap Pass and normal rebound. The idea of this skill is to pass the ball to your teammate mid rebound, allowing you and your team to get back on offense much faster than if you were to rebound the ball normally. It's not something to be spammed and it won't win you every rebound, keep in mind this skill will not beat Power Rebound in regards to range. When this skill is used properly and effectively, it can create some amazing plays that most people don't expect and gives your opponents less time to get back on defense, even your teammates won't expect it if they aren't used to playing with a CT. (Pretty hilarious moments with that)

Jump Pass. This skill is something most bigs never expect to come out. CT's have the ability to pass in the middle of a dunk or layup. This is a new concept for most at the moment and I can tell you from experience, every time I do a layup as a CT. They always, and I mean always jump. Not once have they not jumped when I layup. This skill is devastating to most bigs and can create open layups and dunks for your teammates.

Deny Intercept. This is a skill that allows you to catch the ball when you intercept using the W key. When you stand directly in front of your mark, between him and the ball carrier, you will turn around and attempt to stop the pass from going through. While anyone can do this, CT is the only big man who CATCH the ball when they intercept while doing this. Most of the time when this happens the other team can still pick up the ball or for their PG/SG to dive catch it and most likely will as you're stuck in an animation of blocking the pass, this skill allows it to become a for sure turnover. One of the best skills a CT can ever use is this skill. (Important note: while Intercept is boosted by steal, Deny Intercept is boosted by Tussle.)

In essence, CT is meant to help your teammates score easier. In regards to attributes. Your defense is weaker than a PF by far, PF's have insane block range, so much that they can even block you from behind if close enough. (Mini Back Block) C's have the back block skill, allowing them to protect the paint even if they aren't in it. CT's might have lower block than PF and very slightly lower than C, but CT's have very high speed for a big man position and speed is just as important when it comes to defense, allowing you to get into blocking position quicker. CT's also have very high stamina for a big man, allowing them to remain a threat on defense for a longer period of time. One of the best ways to avoid a big man on offense is exhaust their stamina, CT's have a lot more stamina they have to exhaust.

Just know that CT isn't a position for the faint of heart. PF's have it much much much easier in this game. You'll most likely be told your position is useless and weak and that you should just make a PF. If you are not creative, you won't make it as a CT, that's the bottom line. Play to your strengths and make plays most don't expect. You have better team oriented offense than any other big man. Any offense can be stopped, the more options you have, the better.

I am a level 43 CT with Rookie/Major magic cards and no extra skill slots. I'm still able to get lots of blocks in and out of the paint. If you're willing to put in the time to learn and practice, once you hit 50, get a good card deck and get all your skill slots. You'll be that much better off.
        Last edited by Popcorn; 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Dude, in my opinion, because you have a high ping, I suggest you stop being a dedicated man in the paint. Instead, focus on passing on the jump shot area (and taking the shot if you're open) like a pg. It compliments you being shrewd type. Then on defense, take on the smaller guys (sf,sw,guards) as they you will have a higher chance of blocking them compared when you block with the said positions.

I too have been force to play a pg cuz of ping, but hey Lynn is cute anyway <3

Comment

Very Informative. I love the enthusiasm about the position.
            This. Personally I prefer to think defensively over everything, but anyone who is that dedicated to do something different than most others (not to mention deal with the criticism in doing so) comes with a level of respect from me.

Star in the making, Popcorn.

Comment

very helpful guide popcorn

Comment

CT stands for complete trash so boom

Comment

ty guys, Im doing good with my CT in Offense, and I know defend with CT is much harder than C and PF ( I'm already have a power type C and I can defend the paint much better ) ... btw there is a problem, my CT can't win the battle with SG and SF in the solo- rebound situation ??? my ping is now quite good (50~90) but I can't reb with SF and SG sometimes ... I mean in the same situation, when I play C, it will not happen. But when I play CT, it happens alot and I dk why ... T_T my tussle is 150 and my reb is 185 but I think it is not the reason =_= Can anyone show me the answer ???

Comment

Originally posted by SakiMarin View Post
                    my ping is now quite good (50~90) but I can't reb with SF and SG sometimes ... I mean in the same situation, when I play C, it will not happen. But when I play CT, it happens alot and I dk why ...
                    Answer is ping my friend... you can get out rebbed by west smalls sometimes, so you have to try to box them out if the big is preoccupied... High ping sucks, my friend.

TobinHeath

Comment

Originally posted by TobinHeath View Post

Answer is ping my friend... you can get out rebbed by west smalls sometimes, so you have to try to box them out if the big is preoccupied... High ping sucks, my friend.

TobinHeath
                      It's impossible for me to box out them because they run from 3pts line to catch the ball, I mean it's a high bounce not a low bounce. sigh ... whatever ty for ur answer dude XD

Comment

Working...
                      X