ABOUT POWER TAB PASS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABOUT POWER TAB PASS

can anyone show me how to use the power tab pass in real match, i have used it and it seem so useless ? can it DENY the opponents reb???

I'm also curious about this. I see no use in this skill, the jump is not high and the range is not wide, even the pass is too close. How does it "deny the opponent's reb"?

Comment

It's good for low bounces, similar to power reb or chip out. While it doesn't have the super long range of power reb, it does have longer range than a normal rebound and has a very quick recovery similar to chip out. It also gets the ball to your teammates much quicker than doing a normal reb and then passing.
      The skill does have a range limit and your teammates need to be available to receive a pass, so they can't be diving or rebounding themselves when it's used. It can reach pretty much everywhere within the 2pt line, and the 3pt line if it bounces out a bit.
      Something to note about the skill though, it always seems to target the person furthest away, even if they are out of range. So be aware of where your teammates are before using it. You might have one of them only a short distance away while the other is on the opposite side of the court, the Power Tap will try to reach the one on the other side of the court and likely just chip the ball up due to them being out of range.

Comment

↑ pro insight

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn View Post
          It's good for low bounces, similar to power reb or chip out. While it doesn't have the super long range of power reb, it does have longer range than a normal rebound and has a very quick recovery similar to chip out. It also gets the ball to your teammates much quicker than doing a normal reb and then passing.
          The skill does have a range limit and your teammates need to be available to receive a pass, so they can't be diving or rebounding themselves when it's used. It can reach pretty much everywhere within the 2pt line, and the 3pt line if it bounces out a bit.
          Something to note about the skill though, it always seems to target the person furthest away, even if they are out of range. So be aware of where your teammates are before using it. You might have one of them only a short distance away while the other is on the opposite side of the court, the Power Tap will try to reach the one on the other side of the court and likely just chip the ball up due to them being out of range.
          Popcorn finna be the next Zydrunas, CT Version

Comment

Honestly, it feels like the weakest of the rebounding skills. In a situation where I could get the ball with a normal rebound, I go for the PTP and the rebound is lost to a rebounding opponent.

Only once has it been effective, and I haven't had the skill/ability/luck to recreate the situation; speaking of when I did it during a tip off at the start of a game.

Comment

Just think of it as an upgraded version of diving catch & pass, with more height. It is definitely useful if you are competing dive/rebound against a guard
              Last edited by Hanachan; 02-20-2016, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanachan View Post
                Just think of it as an upgraded version of diving catch & pass, with more height. It is definitely useful if you are competing dive/rebound against a guard
                So, basically....Tap pass for height reb passes and PTP for low reb passes?

Comment

Originally posted by BearCub View Post

So, basically....Tap pass for height reb passes and PTP for low reb passes?

To be honest, I think tap pass and power tap pass skills are more like entertaining skills, rather than competitive skills. And the range on power tap pass is not even like the range on the power rebound skill. I wouldn't risk using it if I was to have high ping. If you think your ping is pretty low and have the agility to determine the bounce of the ball in a second, I wouldn't mind using them

Comment

so can you guys show me how do u think about CT, do u think about build CT as a 3pts scorer and a passer with the some abilities of big man, or u just build CT as a passing Center? Im just so confused about this position ... because all of the skills make CT not as strong as PF and C to reb and block,

Comment

Personally, I think CT obviously should not be your choice when it comes to rebound or block, attributes and skill set proved enough. CT's shooting stats are equal to those of a PF but I'd rather pick PF if I want a def & scorer (dunk at will should be noted as well). The only advantage being a CT is the deny intercept skill which allows you to intercept a pass successfully without dropping the ball; however, as Tussle decides the chance of a deny intercept, C makes it happen more often and again, reduce the value of CTs.

Comment

sigh, it likes CT is not a good choice for a big match ... too many weakness and does not have a real strength to compare with C and PF as a big man ... CT is just a bad mix of C,PF n PG ...

Comment

Let me clear some things up here.

Power Tap Pass is a skill you use on; 1. Low Bounces. 2. When reaching a ball farther than your normal rebound can reach.
                          Power Tap Pass will not win you a competitive rebound when normal rebound is a choice.
                          Power Tap Pass will not out range or equal the range of a Power Rebound.
                          Power Tap Pass is meant to get a rebound to your open teammate quicker, giving the opponent less time to mark him after a successful rebound.
                          I wrote the situations to use Power Tap Pass above in my previous post, if you're trying to use it when a normal rebound is available, you're using it completely wrong.

Deny Intercept is not based on Tussle not only that C's do not have this skill, it is exclusive to CT's so the comparison is completely invalid. Intercept success is based on your steal, which CT's have more of than both PF's and C's. The intercept success sub attribute can also increase the chance of intercepting the ball, allowing you to catch it. CT's are not a scoring position, they have the score att. of a PF but they have the shooting skills of a C. CT's also start with Kill Pass and SP Mid in their beginner 4 skills, two very important skills that every bigman should have, this opens 2 skill slots other bigmen would usually need to fill, giving you more options in what skills to take to create scoring options for your teammates. Dunk at Will is nice, but not completely needed. You can easily fill the gap with FS Dunks.

CT's can play the point guard position in terms of being the passer very well. With their high pass and SP Pass in their beginner 4, they can pass just as efficiently to Dash, V Cut, and Hand to hand pass is a solid addition if you play pillar. You can also get the pass to a teammate who got your opponent to jump on a fake MUCH quicker due to the passing speed, giving your teammate more space for an open shot and gives less time for help defense to get there. Even a half of a second can determine whether a PF can get into blocking range or not.
                          CT is weaker at defense than a PF, but NOT weaker than a C. Their block att. is slightly lower than a C, but their speed is MUCH MUCH higher. Speed is just as important when blocking, allowing you to get into blocking position much faster. High block doesn't help if you're never in the proper position to block.
                          CT is weaker at rebounds than C but not PF, CT in my opinion is better at rebounding do to Power Tap Pass. On low bounces, Power Tap Pass has the same quick recovery speed as chip out, meaning that if a PF beats you to the low bounce with a chip out and you used Power Tap, the quick recovery will still give you the ability compete for that rebound normally afterwards. But if you beat the PF to the rebound with Power Tap, the ball is yours.

If you plan on playing CT, you cannot play like a C or PF. It's a different position for a different reason. CT's if played to their strengths can be just as strong on the boards and on defense. You are a PLAYMAKER. you need to help set your teammates up for open shots. You're strong enough to hold the paint and you have the skills to help your teammates get open shots. CT is a strongly team oriented position, if you're playing with a team who treats you like a C or PF, example: standing in the corner for iso or a screen machine for dash and nothing else. You will be weaker. Use your skills and abilities to create sneaky and strong plays, catching your opponent off guard. Remember, you are a big man, which means you'll be guarded by a big man. Use that to your advantage, pull their big out of the paint and throw an alley on their PG, Get their bigman to jump with a jump pass, giving your scorer an unguarded layup.

Your passes are multitudes faster than a PF or C's. Your ability to get into boxout, rebounding, or defensive position is quicker due to your high speed. You can stay in the game longer and remain a threat much longer due to your massively higher stamina than a PF or C. You have more ways to ensure a turn over than a C or PF, and you have more ways to create open shots for your teammates.

If you want to be successful as a CT. Be creative. Don't think of yourself as a passing C or PF, because they can pass too believe it or not. The skills a CT gets are more useful than they seem at first glance, you just need to know the correct situations to use them and get teammates that are will to utilize them. Every offense can be defended, but a good CT will keep you and your teammate on your toes and guessing what kind of offense can happen when they have the ball. You have many more options to create offensive plays than a normal bigman. Be creative, creativity is the CT's biggest asset.
                          Last edited by Popcorn; 02-20-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Just think of it as, C/PF had a sex with PG. Now go figure

Comment

so deny intercept actually work with steal attribute? Do u think I should spend some point into Steal to make deny intercept more effective???

Comment

Working...
                              X