Blocking dunks / SW "Sweep layup" ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking dunks / SW "Sweep layup" ?

How do I block these? Can you try to tell me indepth what to look for, when do I jump, and where to move on the court before I jump? Just made a C messing around but having problems blocking these =[

Blocking dunks is something you will have to get used to. I will give you my way of blocking dunks.

Blocking a dunk requires you to be centered and be as close to them as possible and block right away.

For PF manual dunks, try to stay away as far as possible until they go into the dunk animation. I generally stay at the very edge of the defensive cone. Just make sure you don't sit underneath the rim. Being far away baits them to shoot(which you can block depending on your reaction), and it makes it so they do not just pass by you when they dunk.

Try to move as little as possible before they dunk. Moving could mess you up and make you unfocused. As soon as you see them start the dunk animation, go towards the direction they are going and immediately block. It also helps if you move towards the dunker as well.

Hope I helped. I can't really help on scoop layup. I think you just block as soon as they release the ball, but I'm not sure.

TobinHeath
    Last edited by TobinPowellHeath; 02-08-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

dpoty here all i can say it press D

Comment

Originally posted by TobinPowellHeath View Post
        Blocking dunks is something you will have to get used to. I will give you my way of blocking dunks.

Blocking a dunk requires you to be centered and be as close to them as possible and block right away.

For PF manual dunks, try to stay away as far as possible until they go into the dunk animation. I generally stay at the very edge of the defensive cone. Just make sure you don't sit underneath the rim. Being far away baits them to shoot(which you can block depending on your reaction), and it makes it so they do not just pass by you when they dunk.

Try to move as little as possible before they dunk. Moving could mess you up and make you unfocused. As soon as you see them start the dunk animation, go towards the direction they are going and immediately block. It also helps if you move towards the dunker as well.

Hope I helped. I can't really help on scoop layup. I think you just block as soon as they release the ball, but I'm not sure.

TobinHeath

Okay thanks makes sense, I wish there was a good youtube video tho

Comment

Ill strongly recommend watch DBLL's guides it helps a lot. Watch all the guides and even the videos.

here is the link of the channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu...ZEdGtXPebISVmg

Comment

just need practice, Add me in game and I will dunk on you: GloryToGod.

Comment

Working...
            X