Question: Hard Caps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Hard Caps

Does anyone know the hard caps for any of the stats; the point where you should solely begin investing in things like "long layup range" "3pt success" and "manual block range" rather than "long layup" "3pt" and "block"?

good question !

Comment

There isn't a consensus on what the community believes, but personally I don't believe in a hard cap. As you keep adding points into a certain attribute, all the related sub attributes will increase by a certain ratio (1.6:1 or so I've heard). This is why increasing subattributes will give greater returns than through hard points into 3pt. However, some attributes based on percentages (ex. 3pt) will see diminishing returns as the percentage of success approaches 100. This is why some people recommend a minimum amount of an attribute (230-240 3pt.) and say that anything past it may only slightly increase % and some even say they see no difference past this point.

Comment

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. So really, it wouldn't be about finding the hard cap, but, the point where sub points far outweigh hard pointing, in some sense?

Comment

Originally posted by BearCub View Post

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. So really, it wouldn't be about finding the hard cap, but, the point where sub points far outweigh hard pointing, in some sense?

Yes, in a sense. For the most part, the investment into attributes progresses linearly, but as you approach the highest possible percentages of success (for the sake of example, I'll use 3pt) , the returns on +3pt success/noMark from cards or toys outweigh investing hard points into the actual 3pt attribute.

Comment

Working...
          X