Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diving catch success help

Hey,
    I always thought that diving catch success is for you to not miss the ball on the floor(happens sometimes when you dive)
    but i read Valioa's guide today and it says there "Dive Success - Increases the timing window of your dives. A must for PGs.".
    so having this att will allow me to be able to dive earlier?when the ball is higher?thats sounds really good but i dont really know if thats really what it does because i dont see pg's giving this att focus and it seems like its game changing when diving with a pg over a block or something(like rebound height)
    Zydrunas guide didnt had any info about it except "
    Success ↑: increases the probability of the desired event"
    It seems like valioas is right because if not why the "Diving catch Fail" att even exist?

can someone help me understand what this att actaully does?
    Last edited by TwoAndAHalfMen; 12-25-2015, 02:26 PM.

Yea I'm pretty sure that's what it does

Comment

Originally posted by hunted9000 View Post
      Yea I'm pretty sure that's what it does
      reffering to what statement? :O

Comment

Originally posted by TwoAndAHalfMen View Post
        reffering to what statement? :O
        That diving catch success increases your timing window because I see some people that catch the ball a few secs before it hits the ground

Comment

I'm not sure if success allows you to dive a ball earlier (diving a ball while it's higher up from the ground/dive height sounds ridiculous to me) but I barely play PG so I cannot say for sure. valioa did tell me about it though when I asked the other supporters to read my early drafts.

Comment

I thought that it increases the chance of actually catching the ball instead of tipping it, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge View Post
              I thought that it increases the chance of actually catching the ball instead of tipping it, huh.
              that's what I think it is too. success is a modifier that affects probability, not a timing window. though I could be wrong, I don't play pg at an elite level

Comment

it doesn't help because im an sf

Comment

When I take off my dive success, I start to miss dives that I normally would get (like completely not grab the ball at all kind of miss).

When I do have it on, I can get certain dives that I normally could not get, either diving late or diving early.

I recommend experimenting yourslf with the dive success.

imo I love to have dive success on my PG and have been like this for a long time.

Dive fail decrease is what increases the probability of not letting the ball leave your hands after a dive. (Although on my SP set i do have dive fail decrease as well, I don't usually use my full sp set, I use the defense card that has move collision and dive success all the time, with other cards such as long layup range cards or 3pt success cards. That is why I can tell the differences between the two.)
                  Last edited by Valioa; 12-29-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Valioa View Post
                    When I take off my dive success, I start to miss dives that I normally would get (like completely not grab the ball at all kind of miss).

When I do have it on, I can get certain dives that I normally could not get, either diving late or diving early.

I recommend experimenting yourslf with the dive success.

imo I love to have dive success on my PG and have been like this for a long time.

Dive fail decrease is what increases the probability of not letting the ball leave your hands after a dive. (Although on my SP set i do have dive fail decrease as well, I don't usually use my full sp set, I use the defense card that has move collision and dive success all the time, with other cards such as long layup range cards or 3pt success cards. That is why I can tell the differences between the two.)
                    I do think you are correct,it does makes some sense for why there is dive success and dive fail,
                    also ive been seeing pg's diving to high balls getting them from a pretty high position(usually it happens to me when im trying to walk to a loss ball which is not on the ground and suddenly a pg dive for it and catch it from a pretty high point) i guess they just named it wrong and missleading,i will check it sometime in the diving catch drill when ill have diving catch success cards,it seems like a pretty easy thing to check.
                    btw im really enjoying your stream and learn from it alot(which is why i watch it to begin with) specially when you teach but also when you are just playing random games .
                    I am watching your broadcasts tho because im living in europe so you may not see me as a "live" viewer but i watched quite alot of your broadcasts and enjoyed it alot,keep doing what you are doing!
                    Last edited by TwoAndAHalfMen; 12-29-2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X