Question about Shoot Touch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Shoot Touch

Ok so im really confused atm about how to use the skill shoot touch properly because it says that if i use it im less interfered by defense and have higher % to score. HOWEVER, what if you are not marked by a defender? like wide 3s? because i noticed that when i shoot on the green part of the gauge i still miss despite having 222 3pt att. So what im asking for is if the skill shoot touch acts as another way for ur shots to be reliant on a chance? aka such as double clutching or fadeaway. I often noticed when people double clutch and there is no defenders they actually miss their layup and there are also cards to increase success for the double clutch skill or shoot touch success... So im wondering if shoot touch is actually another thing similar to that mechanic and if shooting in the yellow is actually better at times?

P.S sorry if this question sounds retarded i started this game like 5 months ago dont bully me lol
    Last edited by hyukoh; 11-01-2015, 09:45 PM.

The best timing to release your key is when the ball leaves your hands, play the shooting challenge and get to the point where you don't see your shooting gauge and try on and on until you make shots without your gauge.

That's how to work with shooting gauge and no it won't decrease your success, sometimes you just miss and mostly you just remember if you miss wide open shots and not if you make them. Same if you get shut down and manage to put a 3pt through your defender you end up making it and you remember that more than if you don't make it.

If you don't believe me make a little trial and count how often you miss open shots and how often you make open shots (another thing thats important is your distance to the 3pt line since standing just a little too far away can cost you the 3pt) though set a final before you do that trial for example "for my next 10 games i'll record how often i miss/make open shots" otherwise it'd ruin the outcome cause you'd act biased.

Hope i could help you
    Last edited by Foxanda; 11-02-2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Shooting touch generally increases your % if you time it right. Generally, my PF can barely make 3's. With 3 pt SP, it is increased to around 65-70%. If I time it right, my shot with shooting touch will either be 75% or 95% with no mark.

Also, from what I've heard, the timing of shooting touch depends on the area you are at when shooting. Near the corners, apparently you are supposed to time it near the yellow, but in the green. While you get close to the middle, you gradually get higher on the bar. (I don't know if it is right, but this is what I have heard.)

TobinHeath

Comment

Well you sir just answered your own problem there buddy because the way you explained your method seemed to work in your favor.

Comment

Working...
        X