I've Hit a Plateau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Hit a Plateau

As the title says I've hit a plateau. I've played this gamr for a while but I am having major problems with defense. Specifically with blocking, I can face up and stay with my defender but I miss easy blocks a lot.

I don't know if this has to do with my positioning or what but it really gets me when I'm right with the opponent and the shot goes through my face. Any advice would be a tremendous help!

For blocking shots it's extremely important that you are positioned correctly right in line with the one shooting. The timing is also a very important factor there are times when you just jump TOO EARLY means you have to force yourself to jump a bit later in order to get the block done same the other way around you are too late and have to jump sooner, too early usually happens if you defend a low height opponent (primarly if you play PF you'd think "oh a shot i gotta jump already" but then it was too early etc.), jumping too late well that happens a lot too if you for example defend a SF and he is using pull up jumper or quick jumper you gotta time your jump with it very early. Then of course the distance to your opponent (positioning) matters lots too, if you are too close you generally have to jump earlier as if you're further away. Though you can't be too far or else the shot will go through anyway. Just keep on practicing ingame and you'll get it done good eventually.

Comment

DBLL blocking guide. GG

Comment

Yea dbll's blocking guide is very good and shows where you should be because positioning is everything in blocks.

Comment

make a pf .

Comment

Working...
          X