Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PF Guide for Newcomers (will be updated)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PF Guide for Newcomers (will be updated)

I consider myself an above average PF but I do think I still have a lot to learn. What I want to do here is possibly make a conjoined PF guide from me and hopefully some pros that have input they can put in. I'll put in my input from just what I've learned by playing PF for about 8 or 9 months now.
    I still hope this helps some people.

-LegendMonkey

First I will just start off with the most basic thing a PF should know from my experience before we get into Stat distribution and types of PF's.

PF'S HAVE THE HIGHEST STARTING BLOCK IN THE GAME. Now with that knowledge comes responsiblility because you shouldn't let a thing get past you in the paint. Yes, I am telling you to be a DPOTY 100% block rate there is no excuse for you not to upgrade that Stat and block people from unreal distances. Defence is your best friend. End of story.

Also I play with a ping of about 80-90 so this was made with that in mind.

Now for types of PF.
    There is power which imo is the best for non-spc PF's. It adds tussle, block, and reb(I might be missing some) for speed, stamina, and 3pt. This is my recommended choice because without that extra 40 skill points you might find it quite difficult to keep up with the other spc PF's and this will give you a boost in the areas that people will look for out of you. Which is rebounding and blocking.

Now the basic type which is what I play on my PF though he is a Hakkai so I had 40 points to do as I please with. This type is pretty versatile because you still have all the goods on your PF you make 1/3 3pt shots taken, the speed is decent, and stamina is fine. This is more of a choice on your part my PF is made to be mostly a defender though it is nice to not have to spend too many extra points on speed or stamina.

Now for the shrewd PF T_T, my most hated. I honestly recommend this for those low ping players about 50 and below maybe because with a very low ping a pg can rebound over a C just play a game with ChillAssDee and you will see what I mean. With a low ping you can focus more on scoring which is a option for a PF this type gives you more long layup (increases dunk range as well as layup range), 3pt(so you can piss real big men off), speed, and stamina at the cost of rebound, tussle, long dunk, and short dunk I believe. Just remember when you you are up against someone with the same ping as you and you aren't getting as many rebounds this... might be the cause... just saying.

Now for what you've been waiting for Stat Distribution.

- 15 points in block atleast, this is the main strength of the PF position use it to your advantage try to get cards with block attribute and get 200 or more block

- Tussle is debated because you don't need as much if you have a very good ping. For people like me I recommend another 15 and getting as much as you can out of cards because when going against people with very good pings box out will save lives.

- Rebound 10-15 the best I could get my non-spc to was 195 but I still rebounded pretty well and for good ping players this might be the golden spot for you though if you can it's always great to be able to rebound as good as a C so go over 200 by all means.

(I'm not a scoring PF so the other attributes are simply irrelevant to me except for speed and stamina)
    - At least 5 -10 points in speed and stamina because you are gonna need it even with your overpowered block

- For a more scoring operated PF I recommend putting 5 less points in other areas and putting them into long layup, 3pt, and mid shot because long dunk does barely anything and a longer distance dunk is harder to block

I can't really say how many extra points you should have because I'm too tired to do the math atm.
    One thing people have been saying a lot is that you get 100 skill points on a non-spc but that isn't true because you only start getting skill points at level 3 so it's 96 which is weird and you have to factor in point costs for upgrading past the first , second and third tier of the attribute line so if anyone could do that math it would be very appreciated.

I'll update this tomorrow with the skill set that I use until then do your best out there!

Comment

Why so much Tussle? Useless.

Comment

http://tbr0wn14.blogspot.com/

TobinHeath

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMing View Post
          Why so much Tussle? Useless.
          This was made with my ping in mind, which is 80-90, so it's easier for me to box out opponents and get the rebound over people that have really great pings. Like I said in my explanation for people with a low ping like you , you don't have to worry about tussle barely at all.

Comment

take notes guy get 300 blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Milks View Post

take notes guy get 300 blocks.
              Besides the 300 block(that I doubt is real 0_0) if you guys want to be the best blocker and get on that leader board I recommend using a sf and going into challenge mode for blocking with a low block Stat and practice blocking like that. Once you get those basics down blocking with a 200+ Stat is very simple.
              *note* this will probably only help your blocking in the paint to really be a master blocker you have to know when and when not to jump at certain things.

To achieve this it's honestly best to play the positions you will have to defend against. This gives you knowledge of all the moves they have and how they might use them against you.

NOW SOMEONE TAKE DPOTYS PLACE!!!!

Comment

Block stat 300
                Let's see, PF have a starting block stat of 178.(except Liu PF which have 186 due to character stat bonus of +8 to block)
                Stats says he have 93 block stat added to base block stat.
                Which means he have 207 base block stats which is impossible, unless..
                1.) the game developers or GM's(If they can) edited his stats.
                2.) it is an event prize which grants bonus base stats

Since the picture shows an old freestyle 2 hud and customizing options,he could be using an old stat system used way way before.

Comment

Originally posted by whoisfi View Post
                  Block stat 300
                  Let's see, PF have a starting block stat of 178.(except Liu PF which have 186 due to character stat bonus of +8 to block)

Since the picture shows an old freestyle 2 hud and customizing options,he could be using an old stat system used way way before.

What about SP2 , Block Pants , etc ?

And obviously a GM can't edit a player stat (that's cheating). And there will never be a event that " grants bonus base stats ".

And it is the old freestyle 2 hud of like ... 1 year ago i think ?

Comment

you guys still haven't realized how good he is with photo shop ? give dpoty picture of your toe and he'll make in to a full picture with enough evidence to put you away for 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Aedon View Post

What about SP2 , Block Pants , etc ?

And obviously a GM can't edit a player stat (that's cheating). And there will never be a event that " grants bonus base stats ".

And it is the old freestyle 2 hud of like ... 1 year ago i think ?
                      We're talking about Block stats and I don't know if your stats would increase if you have SP2.(I bet it won't, it would just increase your chance bar.... I guess)
                      When you have block stats on pants, it will show show up beside main stats, EG
                      His block has 300, and a +93 beside it, +93 means you have added 93 stats from other sources like traning stats, item stats, card stats.
                      If you understand how stat system know you should ask how he get 207 base block stats because its either photoshop edit, or developer stat edit.
                      And I'm not really sure if GM's can edit stats or not, I haven't heard or have any evidences about it so it is a wild guess. (I don't want to talk about it because we're already asking GM's credibility, so pls)

Or you could give me an explaination on how he got 300 block stats, if you can't then atleast tell me what you want to prove.

Comment

Did I fucked up someone's or some thing's credibility?

Comment

I mean I'm the one who taught Milks how to block tbh

Comment

Originally posted by whoisfi View Post
                            Block stat 300

liu has a bonus of +8 rebound, not block,

all power PFs have a starting block stat of 186

stop spouting nonsense....

rebound stat is the same across all types
                            Last edited by Calsonic; 10-01-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Tussle is useless, if you are a power, even you add all the tussle you still can't compete with C. Use your skills like swarn out, thats the advantage of being a pf, otherwise go play a center.

Comment

Working...
                              X