Everything about PG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything about PG

Please tell me everything about PG. What's main role of PG. Something about positioning. Which skills should i improve etc.
    thanks in advance..

Well good sir, let me just answer your questions in a well mannered format:

1. What's the main role of PG?
    • The TRUE role of a PG is to pass, steal/intercept, set plays, recover loose balls, and of course, shoot WIDE OPEN SHOTS. Unfortunately, the majority of the PG in my opinion tend to be more offensive-oriented, acting as if they are a scoring position, using pass fake, a skill that does indeed offer a scoring option, but can be a risky play against professional defenders. examples of lockdown defense against pass fake would be another PG facing you up to prevent a pass fake layup from even occurring, or a C/PF blocking the living hell outta you. But yea, no offense to any true PGs that use pass fake, there are just some PGs that try to abuse it or use it incorrectly and end up getting thrashed and looking bad.

2. Positioning?
    • When on defense, a PG should mainly be on their mark, facing the hell out of them with or without the ball (this makes your mark's passes bad when he/she has the ball. When the one you are defending doesn't have the ball however, you can face up next to them to possibly get an intercept, as well as prevent nice pass bonuses.) There are some times however, when the PG must sneak in a steal or two, or help defense when necessary (not totally away from your main mark though, just when someone else's mark, specifically a scorer, is close to you, that is one of the only times to go for a steal/block. Do not overhelp though, make it less obvious that you are helping.) Other than all of this, when intercepting, you want to be between the receiver and the sender. For more info on intercepting, watch Me & DBLL Guides to Intercept! ^.^
    My guide to Intercept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f9i7cjb8rA

DBLL's Guide to Intercept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxa7y_QmIDQ

3. Skills to Improve?
    • Improve on the Intercept/Overpass Intercept skills, Watch those guides above for more info on that!
    • Stealing of course (when to steal, where to steal, etc.)
    • Ball Recovery aka getting loose balls ( PGs get diving catch, which is used to dive for loose balls that are either on the floor or approaching the floor. Master this skill, it is a PGs best asset! At high level, PGs get Sp Diving Catch, which increases the range of recovery, setting PGs apart from SGs lvl 50 Diving catch.)
    • Master bumping, which is disrupting the opponents movement by moving into them or facing them up. This is a very crucial technique for PGs because this is where they get most of their steals besides pump fakes.
    • Master passing. When passing, you want to do so in an open lane (no one in the route of your pass), and avoid doing horrible passes (slow pass due to face up from opponent). Also, avoid passing from far away, know your range of pass.
    • Master Baseball Pass skill, a level 28 skill for PG's I believe. (This skill avoids all intercepts, at the cost of a penalty if you screw it up, which could cause a potential turnover! You can also use this skill to pass from far away ;3 )
    • Improve on your Pie (AKA Defense).
    For some more information on PG, I answered another individuals question about the types of PG and an example of a build for PG!

Here's a link to the forum post:
    http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...uild-and-stats

In Pie We Trustâ„¢ ( ' w ' ) /

Comment

Valioa tips are so legit. ( *.*)//

Comment

Working...
      X