X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] The Ultimate Guide to the Center Position by ZYDRUNAS

Zydrunas’ Guide for Centers

DISCLAIMER! I do not claim to be a master of the center position. This is just a guide created from my experiences that I have with playing the center position from the several months that I’ve played this game. Please let me know if there are any inconsistencies or mistakes in this guide, I will gladly fix them.
    I’ll be referencing some information from Lloyd’s Guide for Centers (thank you for that, by the way) and other resources from the internet.

I highly suggest you read the guide from this link!

PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2e...ew?usp=sharing
    Steam Post: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428905271

Everything is properly formatted in the link and it has all the images. Thank you!

EDIT:

4/18/15 - added a new section on FS2 rebounding theory. It should be an interesting read for y'all.
    4/19//15 - added a new section on types, provided an alternative attribute build geared towards higher pinged players
    Last edited by Zydrunas; 04-20-2015, 03:38 PM.

yo kobe and charles is this the center i case down 3 times?

Comment

• Zydrunas
      Zydrunas commented
      Editing a comment
      yo mang thanks for that win tho i really liked the green name that we got after kobe/charles and i won that game

• MachineWideOPEN
      MachineWideOPEN commented
      Editing a comment
      Zyruna, Teach Milks how to Reb like Charles...

sticky this one ill delete mines =D

same build as mines except i use reb shoes and my reb is maxed instead of block
    Last edited by Junior; 04-18-2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Zydrunas
      Zydrunas commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your guide too, after reading my guide again I realized I could add in more F2P and Non-spc content. I believe they can coexist together forsure

Also, for Zydrunas, i built him like your C, with reb shoes and high reb stats. I thought it would be redundant to have 2 lv 50 C's with same stats so I tried mixing it up a bit and going for more speed with a shorter C (grace). I enjoy playing on both!

Nice guide for newbie player and old ones too. This is really sad that ping matter like you said SG can outreb you, and yeah this really happens to me as well. The only thing I can suggest you and new players is ''Don't use toys''.

Comment

Nice guide, I just started reading it and I noticed you said "The Center is much slower than that of a Power Forward, and to compensate for being unable to guard

the perimeter as effectively as a PF, they have an increased block and tussle attribute." But, PFs have higher block stat if I'm not wrong, or is there something more illuminati-like that I don't know

Comment

• Zydrunas
        Zydrunas commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, you're absolutely right. I changed it on the guide. Thanks for pointing it out!

Zyd sir, did you add this guide to FS2 Steam yet? If not, please do so, itll be a great help to the steam community! ;3

Comment

• Zydrunas
        Zydrunas commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't yet but I will after I make a couple more revisions and hear back from the community here

cool guide and in PDF format too like a pro, gj Big Z

thx for shout out

Comment

• Zydrunas
        Zydrunas commented
        Editing a comment
        no problem mang, I still remember that day when you taught me how to properly position myself on def, how to intercept/how to prevent being intercepted... I used to sit in paint all the time before you taught me LOL

Great guide! Very well written. Something that I would suggest to add is a little bit more on screen play. It is very important for Centers to use screens to not only get their teammates open, but to ALSO capitalize when a screen forces a switch and the post players has a smaller position between them and the basket. I feel not enough C/PF take notice when they have a mismatch down low, and screening for your teammates is a very efficient way to force a beneficial switch.

Comment

I will definitely add more about screenplay. Thanks for the input!

Comment

very nice guide but im still confused xD which char. is better PF or C srry im newbie or noob :Pp
          Last edited by Sayko; 04-20-2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Zydrunas
            Zydrunas commented
            Editing a comment
            It's like apples and oranges! Whichever play style you like more, that is what position you should play. I don't think you should choose what position you play by how "good" a position is, but rather which style you enjoy the most.

I personally like post-play and rebounding so I enjoy playing C.

I hope that helped answer your question, and thanks for the compliment

EDIT:

I see that you've changed it from SF to PF. I still stand by what I said about choosing which play style is more appealing for you, but at the moment, Power Forwards are simply better than C's because of their versatility on both offense and defense. Their high speed and high block stat allow them to defend the perimeter more effectively, while having skills such as manual dunk and layup on offense. In future updates, the difference between C and PF will be patched I believe.
            Last edited by Zydrunas; 04-20-2015, 05:13 AM.

Very thorough. Thanks.

Comment

Probably one of the most organize guide I have ever read. I will never play Center, but I have learned a lot from reading this. Thanks, man.

Comment

Hey there! Nicely written guide. I used to play FSSB 1 as a C and I quit because of lag issues too. Now, I am back, just started recently because I heard there was a new Asia server and it is located in Singapore. Best part is I live in Singapore, thus I have an extremely good ping, approximately 6ms (yes, 6ms) as shown in the fssb launcher since I have fibre connection and a download speed of 200mbps. But I do have a question with regards to the ping that you explained, what if I am playing in a match where all the other players are playing from the same region other than me, meaning for instance everyone in the match was playing from thailand with 60ms ping while I am from Singapore, does that mean that they will see the ball bounce faster than me since the information path sent from the shooter to the rebounder is much shorter (packets sent from thai to thai as compared to thai to singapore) as compared to me? Also, in FSSB 1, being the host of the room apparently gives the person an advantage in rebounding since the connection is "set" from the host, is this true in FSSB 2? (p.s. i commented this in the steam guide section already, commenting here also so that u can answer my queries in case u didnt see the steam section. LONG LIVE CENTERS!!!)

Comment

• Zydrunas
                Zydrunas commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey! I answered your question on steam already, but I'll just paste my reply here :P

Nope, there is no player hosting in FSSB 2, therefore who ever is physically closest to the server will have an advantage.

Lower ping means less time it takes for you to both send and receive data. This means that you will be seeing rebounds and bounces earlier than your opponent. Of course this actual difference will be hard to notice just by looking at someone play (unit of time is milliseconds), but the advantage behind rebounding and diving is definitely there. In their screens, your opponents will see that you jump a lot faster than them; this is because of your extremely low ping.

With a ping of 6 you can easily dominate in terms of rebounding and diving!

Thank you for your kind comments, I hope the guide helped ya out.

Thanks for the guide! I just got a buzzer beater coupon from my 50 laps and I was wondering, lloyd or big joe C? Or does it make no difference?

Comment

• superspaceman
                superspaceman commented
                Editing a comment
                I decided to go with Big Joe, despite having an spc I'm still not very good at putting points into my attributes. An SPC lvl up chart would be great for the guide imo

• Zydrunas
                Zydrunas commented
                Editing a comment
                You betcha. In my next update I'll definitely add an SPC level up chart. Don't forget to rate my guide on Steam and favourite it to keep up to date with the guide!

• NeverFaiding
                NeverFaiding commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I recently mayde Lloyd C and had a normal char C and I can say that Lloyd definately feels faster than my normal char but his height is confusing me on the rebs :x

so if i do not have an spc C, based on what u said, i should get charloette since she is the shortest? all the other non spc C looks skinny too, even the guys as well. which C has the better box out and larger hitbox for a non-spc C?

Comment

• Zydrunas
                Zydrunas commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually can't answer that! I'm not sure how different the C's are from each other as the only non-spc C that I've played as is Derek. I'll have to playtest the different C's and let you know about it when I get results.

As for height, I just personally prefer shorter C's, but of course that's just me. It feels like Grace's pick up the ball faster, etc. but once again it's not actually proven and I have no evidence other than "it just feels like it"

In the end, what matters the most is skill, ping and to some extent attributes. Though characters can maybe slightly help, ultimately it's those deciding factors that will bring you wins. Choose the character you personally prefer the most!

(Now with all that being said, get a Grace, because they're just frickin' awesome )
            Working...
            X