Need some tips for SG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some tips for SG

So as a SG, I know that I'm suppose to be able to make 3 pointers easier but it seems no matter what I do, I can't really make them. I have put points into that attribute as well as having cards and whatnot to help as well. Let me explain a little more about what I'm experiencing.

A lot of the games I get into, I can fake out a player to make them try to block and then I will shoot afterward. My meter will say "Perfect shot" but apparently its still saying when that person pops up in the bottom that I overdone it. This can even happen when I have no mark where I get a "Perfect shot" and still miss.

What is especially weird to me is when I'm in the challenge mode for it or even in the lobby with a team waiting for people to join. For the challenge, as long as its within the meter, I make the shot as it should be. When I'm in the lobby, I seem to miss more when its in the yellow or green within the meter than if I just let it go all the way up and miss the green completely same if I just let it not even make it to the yellow.

So my main question is: Is there something I'm doing wrong? Nothing seems to make sense when it comes to the concentration meter from what I have gathered so maybe I just need more in depth of an explanation on how it works.

Some people say shooting just below the green bar works wondrous ^.^

This is not certain, but a possibility. Try it sometime!

Other than that, full green circle shots can miss unfortunately, due to luck and what not. If you shoot while in the orange circle, chances of missing slightly increase (just slightly).

SGs = Slot Machines 777

Comment

Ya I usually shoot right at the line in between the yellow and green or whatever the colors are since that is what seems to work in challenge mode. Its just odd to me that when it says "Perfect shot" it still misses. You would think the point of that bar would mean something other than luck, especially if you're not being marked at the time.

Its funny because it has only started to happen recently too. When I first started to play, I had no problem with it. Now it seems maybe its buggy or something, I don't know for sure. Or maybe its just what you said where its just all luck but it really shouldn't be based on luck when, like I said, they have that bar there.

I guess I will just hope that I start making them again because if it doesn't seem to get any better as I progress, I will just make a new player. I was having fun with the SF on my alt account so I might just make a new one for my main account

Comment

The defense around you will affect your shot More than how you use your shooting meter, especially with high 3pt stat. After a pump fake I suggest that you move away from the jumping defender before shooting. Also the challenge mode does not reflect actual gameplay, there is no 100% shot in this game, all have chances to miss. As a SG I would suggest to use quick shot when you can, it gives the defense less time to contest your shot.

Comment

I know when i first started to shoot 3s i would miss alot just shooting in the yellow after someone had told me that so dont listen to val( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °), I suggest on the sides shoot for yellow or go for in the middle like in between yellow and green and on the Arc only aim for green cause if sometimes if u aim on yellow itll go in but not as much as if u aim on green on the shot bar. ALSOOO there will be some cases where u dont have to charge all the way
          http://i.imgur.com/DmHMBJS.jpg
          i find this EXTREMELY HELPFUL at times when someone is guarding me orr if im completely open hope this helps yo
          Last edited by Pyxi; 03-24-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

SG timing can be difficult. Although it took me awhile but eye understand GK logic when it comes to release timing.
            If you ever played 2k basketball games, notice how each person shoot different from the peak of their jump & the flick of their wrist? Basically its the same for FS2. Pay attention to those 2 things and it'll help you shoot better
            As Pyxi said in post above. The shot indicator is legit if you release right in the right areas.

Here is an advanced tutorial video guide eye made for SG's. Hope it helps

Link incase you can't click video > https://youtu.be/qnJurAhFVKs?list=PL...Sl_Ge8-LA3Qxqg
            LIKE&SUBSCRIBE > www.youtube.com/TeamBruh

Comment

I figured out what was happening. Basically I had fade away equipped and I accidentally kept activating it so I just got rid of it. I've been fine since even though I don't play much now

Comment

Working...
              X