Clear All

• 2016-17 NBA Champs?

Who's your team?
    MIAMI HEAT fan, Dwade all day!

Comment

Comment

Cavs got the ring nt.

Comment

GSW repeat. Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymon Green, Festus Ezeli and Steve Kerr are all going to be even better.
          Last edited by ShotFake; 08-31-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFake View Post
            GSW repeat. Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymon Green, and Festus Ezeli are all going to be even better.
            They wont have an easy way to finals. All the west PGs are healthy now and SA are coming back stronger than ever

Comment

Originally posted by ABILITY View Post
              They wont have an easy way to finals. All the west PGs are healthy now and SA are coming back stronger than ever
              Um Mike Conley played, and Beverly wouldn't have been enough to win over the series.The warriors were the best team all season and playoffs. They had one of the best records of all time against one of the best conferences the league has seen in awhile. Curry already proved himself against every PG in the league, he won MVP for christ sake. Also, you do not know who will be healthy by next playoffs. History usually repeats itself, injury prone players are injury prone players.
              Last edited by ShotFake; 08-31-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

And lol at SA. Aldridge is going to be a flop. SA has always been about defense, and Aldridge has always been a mediocre defender. Not to mention Duncan, Ginobli, and parker are just getting older. You completely ignored the argument I put forth that most of the warriors are not even in their prime and will get even better.
                Last edited by ShotFake; 08-31-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• This topic by Kevin has been deleted by [GM] Trifecta
                  Excessive use of foul language, forum troll

MIA BABY!!!!!

Whiteside gonna dominate the paint every MIA game, that im sure.

Comment

Most of the warriors are entering their prime, according to statistics most players enter their prime around 25-26. However, there is not much room for improvement in either of those guys, unless you're saying Klay thompson will shoot a higher pct than curry, and score 20+ ppg a game, and draymond green, already avg a double double. I don't see them improving much more. Merely because there's not much room for improvement. Curry is their number 1 option, so its hard to see their ppg going up. and if it did that might not be good for the team. They're definatly contenders, but you have to remember the Cavs they played in the finals were worse than the old cavs before lebron went to miami. They're the favorite though. Not taking much of a leap there, defending nba champs are the favorite. who woulda thunk.

I'm going to take a leap and say the Hawks are going to win, because i'm biased and stupid. In reality they're going to be the 4-5 seed in the East, but whatever. Dream big! Hawks Dynasty starts October 27th. The Pistons will be our first victim

Comment

Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
                      Most of the warriors are entering their prime, according to statistics most players enter their prime around 25-26. However, there is not much room for improvement in either of those guys, unless you're saying Klay thompson will shoot a higher pct than curry, and score 20+ ppg a game, and draymond green, already avg a double double. I don't see them improving much more. Merely because there's not much room for improvement. Curry is their number 1 option, so its hard to see their ppg going up. and if it did that might not be good for the team. They're definatly contenders, but you have to remember the Cavs they played in the finals were worse than the old cavs before lebron went to miami. They're the favorite though. Not taking much of a leap there, defending nba champs are the favorite. who woulda thunk.

I'm going to take a leap and say the Hawks are going to win, because i'm biased and stupid. In reality they're going to be the 4-5 seed in the East, but whatever. Dream big! Hawks Dynasty starts October 27th. The Pistons will be our first victim
                      There is a lot of upside for Klay lol. He could improve his ball handling, court vision, and finishing by the rim. His upside is a mile high, we all seen what he is capable of with his record breaking quarter... tbh Klay really didnt show up offensivly in the playoffs, he was an all star this year for a reason, and with some more experience and age (he just turned 25), he will be more consistent. A lot of people do not know this but Thompson is actually on pace to break most of Currys shooting records.

You didnt mention Harrison Barnes, who averaged the most minutes for the warriors during the playoffs for a reason. This young guy (only 23) might have been the core to the team without anybody noticing. He is also going to improve, and lets just say you are going to hear a lot more from Barnes, he already has championship defense and can shoot 40% from 3, not to mention he is extremely athletic (can jump through the roof).

As for Green, his defense really cant improve minus any veteran tricks he picks up. But offensivly he became one of the leagues stretch PFs simply by working on his shot last offseason. He wss never a shooter before and his shot improved tremendously from two years ago, and it still has some hitches in it. His shooting should also improve with yet another offseason under his belt. Also keep in mind all the players I mentioned are going to be apart of the USA team, and will get a rare opportunity to play alongside the best. Curry and Thompson played with the USA team before last season, and look what happened...
                      Last edited by ShotFake; 09-01-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

percentage wise yea definatly, but i mean its hard to expect any huge improvements. I Just don't see how it would help either. The things they can improve on are smaller things that you wont notice as much, more of playing smarter. However, Thats the same with just about every young 2nd and 3rd options in the league. Also the ball will be dominated by Curry. So Thompsons ball handling, and court vision is not a huge factor. To see marked improvement in it he would need to dominate the ball alot more. Which could happen, but what im saying is, if these guys improve anymore they will take away from currys ppg, and playstyle. I dont see how that would be a good thing, youd end up with a Westbrooke Durant situation. I could see their stats exploding if they were to become the number one option on a team, but on GSW thats not going to happen. Theyre already pretty much topped out talent wise. Alot of western conference teams have guys like that who are improving as well, but statisticly speaking i don't see Klay or Greens ppg/rpg/apg/bpg taking much of a jump this season. maybe improvements in TPG.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
                          percentage wise yea definatly, but i mean its hard to expect any huge improvements. I Just don't see how it would help either. The things they can improve on are smaller things that you wont notice as much, more of playing smarter. However, Thats the same with just about every young 2nd and 3rd options in the league. Also the ball will be dominated by Curry. So Thompsons ball handling, and court vision is not a huge factor. To see marked improvement in it he would need to dominate the ball alot more. Which could happen, but what im saying is, if these guys improve anymore they will take away from currys ppg, and playstyle. I dont see how that would be a good thing, youd end up with a Westbrooke Durant situation. I could see their stats exploding if they were to become the number one option on a team, but on GSW thats not going to happen. Theyre already pretty much topped out talent wise. Alot of western conference teams have guys like that who are improving as well, but statisticly speaking i don't see Klay or Greens ppg/rpg/apg/bpg taking much of a jump this season. maybe improvements in TPG.
                          Im guessing you really didnt watch the warriors this season. I am a huge GSW fan, and have been one since 1999. I watched over 80% of their games last year, so I have a pretty good handle of the offense they run. The ball dominance by Curry was more of a Mark Jackson thing. Under the new Kerr offense the offensive load was distributed much more, the warriors actually averaged the most passes per game in the whole league. There were plenty of set plays for thompson and Barnes to go to work. They used Curry as an attention grabber to get a lot of these guys open, and it worked out- Championship. So yes, a Thompson improvment would be a good thing. Green will never be a ball handling scorer but he gets a lot of open looks playing with the best shooting back court the league has ever seen, so an improvement in his spot up shot would also help. Again, you didnt mention Harrison Barnes.
                          Last edited by ShotFake; 09-01-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I enjoy a good NBA convo, thanks slip. As always, neither of us know what is going to happen next year. That being said, can't wait for the NBA season to start again!

Comment

Working...
                            X