Really Depressed Don't Wanna Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Depressed Don't Wanna Live

Hi, friends. I believe I'm near bottom of my depression. I've been sad pretty much my whole life but became clinically depressed the past 2 years.

I don't want to type this on my Facebook because I don't want people to freak out and this is the only place I can think of. A lot of my friends have stopped talking to me because of my depression.

I'm sure you've heard about my past rants throughout the years about how I've never had a legitimate girlfriend so I will save that.

I've been talking to this girl that I met online for a few months now (fyi she's 18 so no pedo), and I finally got to meet her in real life last month. It was my first time taking a girl out to the mall, movie, and a ball game. It was honestly the happiest day of my life. Long story short, soon after I told her that I really liked her she told me she's not ready to date because she's still not over her ex.

I've become heartbroken and especially falling down from being extremely happy to the bottom has struck me hard.

I've looked for help and I'm now seeing a therapist once a week.

If any of you care, please talk to me and check in on me some time on Facebook. I feel so alone right now and it's been so hard to fight this battle.

Thank you :'(
    Last edited by Tang; 07-14-2015, 04:34 AM.

For now try to release your stress. You could go out for a run- seeing places, breathing fresh air, listening to some good music, letting go of all of your body energies.
    After a good workout your body releases hormones that'll make you generally feel better. That helps me out any time I'm feeling down.

Secondly, about your long term problems. I really don't know what to say, just thinking meeting girls online is pretty desperet move. You shouldn't hang your hopes on things like that.
    Try to renew your relationships with your friends. I'm sure they'll be happy to talk and meet you again.
    Also try to find a new framework, new enviroment, hobby, something that'll help you change yourself as a person. I myself going to start a new chapter in my life very soon, It's going to be a change of a life time. I'm totally stressed and excited same way. You should search for something like that yourself.

Comment

man i know yo pain

Comment

some opposites dont attract; try dating the same sex
        Last edited by mudkhip; 07-14-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkhip View Post
          some opposites dont attract; try dating the same sex
          -_______________________-

Comment

mudkhip talk to a girl.

anyways Tang, get back up soldier. Dust this one off and try again, that's all you can do.

never give up!

Comment

Suicide hotline

Comment

I may not know you, but I can empathize with you. Try to find happiness in the little joys, and try to find out what your purpose in life is. As long as you know your purpose in life, you'll discover that life is really worth living. God bless.

Comment

Tang,

I don't know you that well, but I too have experienced depression(though it was not that bad). Living is a gift and a curse at the same time. There are highs and lows in life, and you are only given one chance. Stay strong, and don't give in. Find some people that will comfort you in your dark times, and make sure they keep an eye on you. Your temptation may be strong at this point, so I would recommend you stay and live with another person if possible so you aren't alone. Just don't hang with the idiots who tell you that you just need to get over yourself, as they probably haven't ever had depression(or even thought of it as a serious problem), and do not know depression is caused by chemicals in the body.

Bad relationship advice is below for you.

Next time you like a girl, maybe it's not best that you tell her that you like her(at least I think so). Just give her obvious hints that aren't too strong that you are romantically interested in her. Eventually, if she likes you enough, she'll "date" you without officially calling it dating. Lately, people in relationships don't tend to label themselves as dating the other person because I guess it feels like they are limited/restricted.

You know, people are destined to fail, but failure leads to success. They say that an average person in their lifetime has around 3 harsh relationship endings(I think?), and 2 stand-ups. If you look at all the people who are really confident in themselves around the opposite sex, they are not afraid of rejection. I saw a challenge on YouTube where a man went through rejections on purpose for around 30 days(?) to lessen his fear around rejections. While they didn't all have to do with women, he realized rejections aren't that bad. While this may be an awkward idea, I believe it will probably work(not that I tried it).

Now obviously don't just go hang out with her and never drop hints. If you do, she'll put you in the friend zone. That's why you need to make it obvious but not too strong. Hope you read this man, and I hope it helps you.

Stay strong my friend,
                  RachelMiller

P.S.
                  Mudkhip, I cri evrytiem.

Comment

I have never had a girlfriend either but I think that's just because I'm afraid of rejection, so I'm not too confident around girls.
                    Yes I talk to them but no flirting.

Comment

^ just try you have nothing to lose.

Comment

kay..... .

Comment

Originally posted by WuZi View Post
                          For now try to release your stress. You could go out for a run- seeing places, breathing fresh air, listening to some good music, letting go of all of your body energies.
                          After a good workout your body releases hormones that'll make you generally feel better. That helps me out any time I'm feeling down.

Secondly, about your long term problems. I really don't know what to say, just thinking meeting girls online is pretty desperet move. You shouldn't hang your hopes on things like that.
                          Try to renew your relationships with your friends. I'm sure they'll be happy to talk and meet you again.
                          Also try to find a new framework, new enviroment, hobby, something that'll help you change yourself as a person. I myself going to start a new chapter in my life very soon, It's going to be a change of a life time. I'm totally stressed and excited same way. You should search for something like that yourself.
                          Yeah I try to keep busy but when I get home sadness starts to sink in again :/

I don't really know where to meet girls in real life.

Originally posted by enyiga View Post
                          I may not know you, but I can empathize with you. Try to find happiness in the little joys, and try to find out what your purpose in life is. As long as you know your purpose in life, you'll discover that life is really worth living. God bless.
                          Thank you. & I don't really know a purpose right now

Originally posted by RachelMiller View Post
                          Tang,

I don't know you that well, but I too have experienced depression(though it was not that bad). Living is a gift and a curse at the same time. There are highs and lows in life, and you are only given one chance. Stay strong, and don't give in. Find some people that will comfort you in your dark times, and make sure they keep an eye on you. Your temptation may be strong at this point, so I would recommend you stay and live with another person if possible so you aren't alone. Just don't hang with the idiots who tell you that you just need to get over yourself, as they probably haven't ever had depression(or even thought of it as a serious problem), and do not know depression is caused by chemicals in the body.

Bad relationship advice is below for you.

Next time you like a girl, maybe it's not best that you tell her that you like her(at least I think so). Just give her obvious hints that aren't too strong that you are romantically interested in her. Eventually, if she likes you enough, she'll "date" you without officially calling it dating. Lately, people in relationships don't tend to label themselves as dating the other person because I guess it feels like they are limited/restricted.

You know, people are destined to fail, but failure leads to success. They say that an average person in their lifetime has around 3 harsh relationship endings(I think?), and 2 stand-ups. If you look at all the people who are really confident in themselves around the opposite sex, they are not afraid of rejection. I saw a challenge on YouTube where a man went through rejections on purpose for around 30 days(?) to lessen his fear around rejections. While they didn't all have to do with women, he realized rejections aren't that bad. While this may be an awkward idea, I believe it will probably work(not that I tried it).

Now obviously don't just go hang out with her and never drop hints. If you do, she'll put you in the friend zone. That's why you need to make it obvious but not too strong. Hope you read this man, and I hope it helps you.

Stay strong my friend,
                          RachelMiller

P.S.
                          Mudkhip, I cri evrytiem.
                          Thank you so much. It's a good way to look at it, but I've never tasted success not even mildly and it's very hard to keep going. Yeah currently I live alone and I should probably avoid being alone.

And to everyone thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. I realize that there are a lot of new players and a lot of you don't even know who I am and it's good to see that and nice to meet all of you! I will keep you all updated and try my best. Thanks again!

Comment

Where to meet girls: library, mall, bars/clubs, concerts, the street, any social gathering that has a lot of people. Just go up and say hi and let her hear your voice at least once. If she smiles ask her on a date, got nothing to lose.

Comment

SK I'm going to talk to girls a lot more.

Tang you'll get through this, trust me. I too don't know you very well but we've all been there. You are a grown man, you even got to take a girl out. Just because she isn't ready to date doesn't mean you have a 0% chance of getting together. Just talk to her every now and then, compliment her. Until she settles, just chat with other women, you may find an even better girl! But yeah, don't give up on yourself, tell yourself how great you are, take walks in the park and listen to your favorite music. Do things that make YOU happy.

Stay strong, never ease up or you'll start losing yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X