Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats Noble (A) - New 2018 Spring Tournament Winner (Minji got DQ’d)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Noble (A) - New 2018 Spring Tournament Winner (Minji got DQ’d)

“We would like to congratulate the 2018 Spring Season Crew Tournament
    Champions. However, it saddens us to learn that a team in NA server has
    violated the tournament rule. We found out that MINJl (PG) of Intoxicated
    used name changer item to give way to a user who is now MINJl (SG).
    They used name changer item and let a non-tournament participant to play
    during the Semi Final and Final Matches; This is considered as grave
    misconduct. The GM team decided to disqualify Intoxicated (B) and
    N O B L E (A) will be the new Champion of NA Server.”

-GameKiss

Destroy, Foe & Merc, congrats

http://freestyle2.joycitygames.com/news/notice/7941
    Yes, put Noble in the Hall Of Fame and their ring count.
    28.13%
    Yes, put Noble in the Hall of Fame, wins a ring, but put an asterik next to their name.
    12.50%
    No, Intoxicated stays in the Hall Of Fame with an asterik next to their name.
    9.38%
    None, leave the 2018 NA Spring Tournament winner - BLANK
    50.00%

rekt................

Comment

Put their team in conserdered mentions. The action of one person cost the whole team 👀

Comment

Historically, tournaments can go one of two ways - one being that the best team wins the tournament, and the other being that the team who was able to get away with low setting speed hacks win. Interestingly enough, the finals this time around was hack-free, yet the former fails to hold true. On that weekend where it mattered most, we all saw Intoxicated best N O B L E in a five game series, proving they were the superior team. Unprecedentedly, Gamekiss has broken this dichotomy on the grounds of technicality.

If simply having a belt and an outfit in your locker is the definition of being a champion, then by all means N O B L E won the tournament. As far as being the "best" goes, it would be far-fetched for N O B L E to make that claim. In other words, having the tournament rewards mean nothing if you weren't able to do what all the other champions could: win a tournament from the beginning to the end, and prove you were the best of the best.

In the grand scheme of things, the Hall of Fame really doesn't matter, and nor do the rewards. But if you want to honor somebody on the list, then by both principle and merit, Tain, Duc and Jike deserve to be there because they proved they were the best players in the 2018 NA Spring tournament by beating every single team in their way; a claim N O B L E can't make for themselves.
        Last edited by Zydrunas; 04-11-2018, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zydrunas View Post
          Historically, tournaments can go one of two ways - one being that the best team wins the tournament, and the other being that the team who was able to get away with low setting speed hacks win. Interestingly enough, the finals this time around was hack-free, yet the former fails to hold true. On that weekend where it mattered most, we all saw Intoxicated best N O B L E in a five game series, proving they were the superior team. Unprecedentedly, Gamekiss has broken this dichotomy on the grounds of technicality.

If simply having a belt and an outfit in your locker is the definition of being a champion, then by all means N O B L E won the tournament. As far as being the "best" goes, it would be far-fetched for N O B L E to make that claim. In other words, having the tournament rewards mean nothing if you weren't able to do what all the other champions could: win a tournament from the beginning to the end, and prove you were the best of the best.

In the grand scheme of things, the Hall of Fame really doesn't matter, and nor do the rewards. But if you want to honor somebody on the list, then by both principle and merit, Tain, Duc and Jike deserve to be there because they proved they were the best players in the 2018 NA Spring tournament by beating every single team in their way; a claim N O B L E can't make for themselves.
          That finals couldve gone either way and came down to rng from how close both of us matched up, now if you want to quantify which team got fucked by rng harder im sure it can be done

Comment

Originally posted by Foe View Post

That finals couldve gone either way and came down to rng from how close both of us matched up, now if you want to quantify which team got fucked by rng harder im sure it can be done
            RNG has and always will be part of the game. By nature, a five game series minimizes factors associated with luck and objectively speaking, Intoxicated won in the end. Mathematically, it's comical to conclude a tournament went the way it went on two misses when there were enough instances of RNG (especially from both sides) to make these anomalies irrelevant. If you want to argue about non skill-related factors that affected the game, then talk about ping and cards which do give an inherent edge to a team in specific instances (dives, rebounds), and do translate into series-long advantages.
            Last edited by Zydrunas; 04-11-2018, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Smh it’s a game. A belt is a belt. I just need my v-mask

Comment

This is really tough.

I’m trying to protect & honor the Tournament winners the right way...

FS Tournament is not just “another day”.

If you do believe that way then we do not speak the same language. Get out...

Comment

Comment

Either way, gamekiss fucked up ROFL
                    Can we just bring along the three months closing notice? I think I am happy with the game dying in its current condition.
                    Poor management, poor maintenance, poor security, and poor gameplay (for the most part).
                    Your veteran,
                    B0SSMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Gates View Post
                      Either way, gamekiss fucked up ROFL
                      Can we just bring along the three months closing notice? I think I am happy with the game dying in its current condition.
                      Poor management, poor maintenance, poor security, and poor gameplay (for the most part).
                      Your veteran,
                      B0SSMAN
                      but if they do that, they wont be able to milk ppl of the $$$, they will do it silently instead

Comment

you can’t imagine how much was spent on Ali for this single event... I’d say this game is far from dying if my rich friends say NO

Comment

Intoxicated should have been dqed in the semi finals so their semi finals opponent and Noble both have equal rights to the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zydrunas View Post

RNG has and always will be part of the game. By nature, a five game series minimizes factors associated with luck and objectively speaking, Intoxicated won in the end. Mathematically, it's comical to conclude a tournament went the way it went on two misses when there were enough instances of RNG (especially from both sides) to make these anomalies irrelevant. If you want to argue about non skill-related factors that affected the game, then talk about ping and cards which do give an inherent edge to a team in specific instances (dives, rebounds), and do translate into series-long advantages.
                            Im not sure why you're mentioning the tournament was concluded by two misses unless you're assuming thats my position which its not lol. I dont think anyone would disagree to say this was the closest tournament that both teams were evenly matched.

Comment

Originally posted by Foe View Post

Im not sure why you're mentioning the tournament was concluded by two misses unless you're assuming thats my position which its not lol. I dont think anyone would disagree to say this was the closest tournament that both teams were evenly matched.
                              Foe you are talking too much in game and forum, please stop talking and know yourself better.

15yo is old enough to know urself

Comment

Working...
                              X