Regarding balanced and shrewd type PF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding balanced and shrewd type PF

Hi, I need some recommendation for a SPC PF that I am going to create (big joe). I realised that both balanced and shrewd type have the same rebound attributes. Shrewd type has lesser tussle than balanced type, however tussle is not an attribute that most PF pay a lot of attention to I believe since there is box out swarm and also since I have a low ping. Thus my only concern is the difference in block attributes between these two types. However, I do know that shrewd type has more speed than balanced type, thus will this actually make up for the decrease in block range? Like I would be able to run faster to get into position to block the shot? If the increase in speed does make up for the reduction in block range, it would seem that shrewd type is better than the balanced type (the way i see it, increased mobility helps a lot too especially when chasing those pesky small forwards as a PF haha). I only intend to buy one additional skill slot on this PF, thus will this affect the kind of PF i can play? (like does the scoring kind of PF need a lot of skillslots to be effective or whatsoever?)

p.s. also, does it seem weird that a big joe will go for shrewd type since he looks like the big size and slow kind of guy lol
    Last edited by southpaw; 06-29-2015, 06:03 PM.

Shrewd types are offensive, they can shoot 3s and can make your opponent fool coz not everyone is marking an PF who gonna shoots range shots, they will expect it to miss so that they can reb it, and also they have speed and stamina important attribute when scoring or even in defence. Balance type are good on offence and def. For PF I prefer Power type, its a type of defence PF and increased in block stat, I just added some speed and stamina but not too mch. Btw men, its freestyle, it depends on your prefenrences on what type you want. But in my opinion, if you want to maximize all the skills, go buy skill slot it may help you in some cases.
    Last edited by CantTouchThis; 06-29-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Only reason to gp shrewd would be to shoot 3s. In that case you would need to drop aditional $ on card balls to get an sp deck and you will also need a 3pt set. If you do not plan on shooting 3s, then I would suggest going with power as it has the highest block base, which you will want as a PF.

Comment

haha i have all three types and it all depends on what SP deck you get

its better to have a playstyle in mind before you make the choice though

and yes if ur goign to be a scoring pf it takes quite alot of skillslots

Comment

I heard they're gonna release an item that can make you switch types, so you can switch to shrewd if u get sp5

Comment

If you want to pick shewd pick Liu, or Simon, their dunk harder to block.
            Shewd also have their own merits on defense because of stamina/speed, for example if your teammate eat pump fake, you can chase down so they don't do 3pt.
            Also double teaming easier on shewd because you can go into the position faster than power type.

Comment

Working...
            X