What did you nerf baseball pass for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you nerf baseball pass for

What is the 'game balancing based' reason when you decide to make baseball pass drain half of one's stamina?
    Please give reasonable answers because it looks like you guys never stop killing dash play.

PS: yes my dash style relies on baseball passes

I'm Dash style with Baseball passes btw
    I didn't have much problem, if you able to maintain your dribble without just rely on your sprint all the time
    Dash doesn't just you dribble and baseball pass anyway, ya can learn how to do normal pass and actually do layup as well instead going too far and only rely on Baseball pass
    PG already received quite a lot of buffs like layup attribute buff, added manual block I, improved VSD, compensate BB pass they make it easier, intercept stamina cost reduced.
    They at least want to let new players could perform Baseball pass effectively as well, me myself is pretty garbage for 2 years, I still could miss BB pass lol. "Why not just practice everyday on BB pass?" Not everyone wanna full tryhard this game
    So they make it easier to perform, to prevent everyone just spam BB pass, they make BB pass will consume your stamina.
    It's pretty nice and make sense if you think about it, from average and new PG perspective of course

Comment

There’s a new Stamina SP skill just finally got implemented.

I wonder what’s the result on baseball & chase down now...

Comment

Originally posted by MimiBerry View Post
        I'm Dash style with Baseball passes btw
        I didn't have much problem, if you able to maintain your dribble without just rely on your sprint all the time
        Dash doesn't just you dribble and baseball pass anyway, ya can learn how to do normal pass and actually do layup as well instead going too far and only rely on Baseball pass
        PG already received quite a lot of buffs like layup attribute buff, added manual block I, improved VSD, compensate BB pass they make it easier, intercept stamina cost reduced.
        They at least want to let new players could perform Baseball pass effectively as well, me myself is pretty garbage for 2 years, I still could miss BB pass lol. "Why not just practice everyday on BB pass?" Not everyone wanna full tryhard this game
        So they make it easier to perform, to prevent everyone just spam BB pass, they make BB pass will consume your stamina.
        It's pretty nice and make sense if you think about it, from average and new PG perspective of course
        New players will always adapt to what's there. Every other new things for PG is all good for me as well as new VSD mechanism; was only hard for the first two days.

I get ur points but nope, I now don't dash as well as I did before because of this new baseball pass mechanism. Picture yourself in a situation of chasing for the ball last seconds of game you got to dive catch the ball while your teammates are relying on your dive catch and running for open space that is berry far from you; and all they need is a baseball pass for sure while you already taken all stamina for chasing the ball. Then you do not have any stamina left for the clutch baseball pass

It needs to be normalized without questions.

Comment

+ SP stamina onli helps a TINY bit while in the other hand
          - It needs another skill slot which ruins someone's play style as well

It's all about dash destruction.

Comment

KobeBlaise

Comment

Originally posted by Komplete Darkness View Post

New players will always adapt to what's there. Every other new things for PG is all good for me as well as new VSD mechanism; was only hard for the first two days.

I get ur points but nope, I now don't dash as well as I did before because of this new baseball pass mechanism. Picture yourself in a situation of chasing for the ball last seconds of game you got to dive catch the ball while your teammates are relying on your dive catch and running for open space that is berry far from you; and all they need is a baseball pass for sure while you already taken all stamina for chasing the ball. Then you do not have any stamina left for the clutch baseball pass

It needs to be normalized without questions.
              Maybe try to maintain your stamina or pass to your bigman so he could non-stop pass to your other teammate because bigman more likely to be in the middle
              I still could perform BB pass effectively, there's only certain situation where I can't perform it like after marking someone or like rally where everything just a chaos, the rest of that I still could use BB pass quite often for offense including dash
              If your teammate only gonna rely on your BB pass and run as far as they could without thinking that you cannot BB pass all the time, is their fault, it's team play and ya should understand what your teammate capable of, like for example you chasing a loose ball till it bounce to half court, if your teammate still running away just to get good position instead go near you and knowing you don't have stamina for sprinting nor BB pass so you could do a pass without any risk, it's their fault.

Comment

Implying you play with random people like you said earlier and you expect them to understand that particular situation? Nope.

It's way harder if you think about new PGs as well; would be more effective for them to be adapted to small baseball pass gauge that needs high level of concentration rather than managing stamina to be able to perform the pass. It somehow limits one's way of playing as a PG.

They should bring back old baseball pass mechanism. Stop killing dash gameplay.

Comment

This doesnt hurt dash at all, if youre baseballing more than 20% of your dashes its your inability to ball handle yourself into a good position to pass from.
                  I think the buff to baseball was too much I don't like the lack of difficulty it now has. The stam nerf was good because of iso PGs using it as a long kick out pass which was op. JC does have a hard-on for nerfing dash though, but this isn't one of them.
                  (this wasnt abused in NA but regardless)

Comment

Working...
                  X